What happened with our friend STINGRAY ?!

barfy

Super Anarchist
It's a bit strange that spewbot keeps on attributing news articles to the BBC in the Ukraine thread. When there are none.
What's wrong with him/her/it?
And why the BBC?

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
You guys (and girls?) worry too much about others. Just put him on ignore or scroll on. It might be better for your mental health, if you feel triggered by a poster's presence.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
Me also.
Its a twist on the old tree falling over
If 4 posts in a forum, and no-one hears him because he has them all on ignore, does he exist?
So that's what happened. Hadn't noticed his lack of posts because I would usually scroll on by.

Certainly makes the place easier.

Gissie

Super Anarchist
You guys (and girls?) worry too much about others. Just put him on ignore or scroll on. It might be better for your mental health, if you feel triggered by a poster's presence.
Can not understand how someone can hate everything a poster does, yet insists on reading it to get their daily dose of outrage.

Even worse are those that hate everything from one poster, then get upset when they are blocked from seeing the content.

Just professional outragers I guess. Little to offer but insults from blinkered minds.

barfy

Super Anarchist
I actually see nothing from spewbot except others questioning his propaganda due to him having me on ignore. My point of responding in his own special "dropped on his head" thread is to vilify him without his knowing, thanks to the double blind wtf ignore feature. I am trying to use the new "feature" to spotlight how foreign it is to this community.
I have been over rebutting his spew for years, it's like watering the ocean.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
I've said it before, this thread is not about Stinkray in particular, it is about the ridiculous 2-way ignore function.
Stingray is in the title because as a spewbot he was the most obvious to be absent, and as whimp he also seems to have the most people on ignore.
And typical for a narcissist he gets immediately upset if even the most respected posters are somewhat critical or sarcastic.

So let me be very clear once more, The 2-way ignore function is complete nonsense, and totally out of place in a forum. Anyone who does not see or get this should get his or her head examined.

PS.
The @techadmin seems to have gone underground, but I and those who care, will continue to fight this ignore anomaly, in this thread as well in other threads on the subject, like this one where @ProaSailor is one of the more knowledgeable posters on the many ignore fuck ups.

The way ignored users are now handled is inferior to the old forum in two ways:
  1. We can't see threads started by ignored users except when they appear (briefly) as the most recent post on the list of "Sailing Anarchy Forums". This is a daily annoyance, hiding forum content by users who are not ignored.

2. The link to "Show ignored content" reveals all content by all ignored users instead of just a single post. (relatively minor)
    (P.S. Or temporarily allowing ignored content from just one user to be seen?)

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
The disappearing forum issue was discussed in several threads weeks ago and I also PMd techadmin at that time. No reply. I have a feeling ignore was bolted onto forum software that didn’t have it, that he isn’t the developer and whoever is doesn’t want to know.

in other words, you are wasting keystrokes.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.

in other words, you are wasting keystrokes.

That's what most of us do, most of the time, in AC Anarchy, isn't it?

With the exemption of most post in your Ukraine thread. And that serious thread is often impossibe to comprehend without resorting to looking up the missing posts from ignorants.

Super Anarchist
Me also.
Its a twist on the old tree falling over
If 4 posts in a forum, and no-one hears him because he has them all on ignore, does he exist?

c saw.jpg