what is it?

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
We think it's one of them new fangled cat-o-morans. What do you think?

what is it 11 3.jpg

JMOD

Super Anarchist
Netherlands
a new and exciting one design class catamaran, that will appeal to thoroughbred racers, and family racers alike. With the low cost to entry and the easy maintenance, this class is sure to get a good following. To make this class successful, we have collaborated with used the input of major designers and sailors. Have a look at the foils for example, which are a development of the ones used in the america's cup. Competing on a level playing field with the best in the world means you can focus on tactics and strategy, just like the current AC. Don't be fooled by its simple looks, this is a racemachine sure to bring you an ear-to-ear grin.

Feel like an America's Cup sailor and buy one today!!

Quotes from famous people:

Juan K: this boat will definitely stay in one piece

Frank C: it has green elements, just like mine

VPLP: we used a new construction technique making it stiffer and lighter. just like our latest IMOCA 60's

Peter Burling: it's a good cat

JL92S

Super Anarchist
UK
a new and exciting one design class catamaran, that will appeal to thoroughbred racers, and family racers alike. With the low cost to entry and the easy maintenance, this class is sure to get a good following. To make this class successful, we have collaborated with used the input of major designers and sailors. Have a look at the foils for example, which are a development of the ones used in the america's cup. Competing on a level playing field with the best in the world means you can focus on tactics and strategy, just like the current AC. Don't be fooled by its simple looks, this is a racemachine sure to bring you an ear-to-ear grin.

Feel like an America's Cup sailor and buy one today!!

Quotes from famous people:

Juan K: this boat will definitely stay in one piece

Frank C: it has green elements, just like mine

VPLP: we used a new construction technique making it stiffer and lighter. just like our latest IMOCA 60's

Peter Burling: it's a good cat
HA

Merde2

the hull looks a bit like the Groupama-C but I'd guess the new Sentient Blue project C-Class?

BRYD

Yup it’s our current C-Class development, following on from my thesis a couple of years ago when everyone went batty about the things…

It’s not quite as out there as Norman and the Gang are, but I think we have a fresh approach and feel we have some good concepts.

With a bit of push on with the aero of the platform, the rudders mounted on moth esq gantry’s to increase foil separation with an aim of reducing induced drag.

Lima: fuck knows what I was what I was thinking with the green but not so sure about the orange neva…

JMOD: you’ve cracked me up, let’s make this happen!

Check out the link… and let rip!

https://www.facebook.com/BRYachtingDevelopments/posts/1023319411041325

So 12 hrs that could be a record for the whats it quiz? I could say "Well Done" sept your the designer of that hot little thang!

Thats not fair its your boat, your new here, learn the the rules, buy an add, till then just Fuck Off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catnewbie

München
Welcome BRYD,

A 2011 Thesis from Manchester University "C-Class Catamaran Wing Optimization" written by Nils Haack is available on the web

Please could you disclose what was the subject of yours ?

Cheers

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
BRYD, looks like a great boat. Do you have to shorten the hulls to use the gantry ,or is it legal? I know Rocker used a similar gantry based on a tube extension but I don't remember the rule detail. Best of luck!

2crqe5l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
This is what Steve Killing said about rudder gantry's in his analysis of Rocker:

To gain adequate separation between the underwater
foils we added carbon “exhaust pipes” out the transom – a
stretch of the class rules, but technically legal as we read
them. Since the rudders hang off the back end of these
extensions they had to be stiff in bending and torsion.