what is it?

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
what-is-it-7-19-201-1024x731.jpg

Trippy, no doubt.
Well, the ed usually leaves a clue in these "What is it?" threads.  So while bow on it certainly looks like a Ranger 33, I think it has to be something by William Tripp Jr - although I don't have a clue what Tripp design this could possibly be since it doesn't have the gun turret doghouse seen in many of his designs.

Last edited by a moderator:

JEA

Too narrow in the bow to be a Tartan 30, maybe a Tartan 3000.  Spent a lot of time on the bow of a T-30.

Nope, my first try was wrong, not a Tartan 28.  But definitely an Oday 27.   Designed by Alan P Gurney who once worked with Bill Tripp.

DELETED

Anarchist
With the right application of rum and squinting at the screen i kinda looks like portrait of evil Donald Duck.

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
An article on the Oday 27. The coachroof slope looks bigger and higher in this dirty boat pic. So I tend to agree it isn't an Oday 27. Some said definitely is an Oday 27? Here's the article. 

Oday27 Article.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex_

The point being that Flexi-teak,  with the white 'seams' - isn't half-bad,  and if they had a production pattern and could re-deck you for,  say, a few hundo,  then that'd be neat,  if wood decks were your thing.

Heck,  you could probably make it look like that and do the foam stuff!
I think it may actually be Esthec, pretty similar.. , but anyway, it’s a great material I have it on my boat in Med, 6 years, zero maintenance and looks like new.