What is it?

hard aground

Super Anarchist
The folks at Good Old Boat have this posted and are trying to figure out what it is. I figured this lot would have it pretty quick....

121784747_4549989211709439_1727643806404142164_o.jpg

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
I saw that on their post as well and figured this lot would have solved it by now. looks sorta tonner-ish to me
Tough to tell from that angle.  My guess is some Nordic IOR inspired design because she looks relatively narrow and heavy for an IOR boat with that sort of transom.  Not a full out racer because of swept back rig.  

Can definitely tell you what it's not:

Peterson, Holland, Frers, Farr, Whiting, Davidson, J/N, J/V, N/M, G&S, Jones, Norlin or any top drawer IOR designer I can think of for that matter.

The skeg is just too big and voluminous to be any of the above, except for maybe Jones, but he always had long stern overhangs and usually much beamier.

Last edited by a moderator:

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
What  IOR boat had chainplates out on the rail?
None, since you got no credit for running less than a 150% (or 155 I can't remember) headsail.  But few IOR boats had sweptback rigs either, so my guess is the rig was a refit - or is a post IOR, IOR looking boat..

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
I think it's an Aphrodite 101

profil.JPG

I saw a couple other pics on yachtworld that had the same stern rail config and the line drawings seem to match up the prop shaft and rudder undercarriage.

Also saw the pic in the OP on a danish post from 2015

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
Re-configured IOR half tonner, I'd say. 

I'd guess motoring home on autopilot from the regatta on a relaxed day, and skipper and pick-up floozie are engaged in horizontal activities below, leaving a puddle of pleasure on the half ounce runner.

They call it bonking for good reason.

Crash

Super Anarchist
SoCal
I think it's an Aphrodite 101

I saw a couple other pics on yachtworld that had the same stern rail config and the line drawings seem to match up the prop shaft and rudder undercarriage.

Also saw the pic in the OP on a danish post from 2015
I think Bump has nailed it.  Aphrodite 101