Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
what-is-it-12-2.jpg

Looks pretty sweet...

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
Big shout out to @Steve Clark and @Ross110 for putting this together.  A CNC kit that can be built at home. A friend is signing up to build one here in Park City, UT so we can take on the Inverness fleet and new Bainbridge Island fleet.  Bainbridge Island is also working on the composite version of this kit.

BobBill

Super Anarchist
SE Minnesota.
Was gonna say I-110, but no keel and appears a bit boxy...

International 110s were Ray Hunt-designed 24 footers (hot low aspect keelers) for basic DIY market back in the day...still a slick rig...albeit no loft keel and a stodgy National outfit...I rebuilt one as below and sheathed it in poly...in later 60s and it still hums--used to go it alone on Minnetonka west of Twin Cities...in any weather...ditched the snubber for two Hex's and ran trap on occcasion, bell-clapppers in MI did not like...niceaboat in spite of those fools.

Ooops! No pix, no URL here but maybe type in 110 or me name and see some pic of old rig from past format. .Not a biggie...

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
110 with self-bailing ends..but why? Only the bow needs that setup (due to the spinnaker handling underdeck). This was drawn on Rhinoceros. I know who might have drawn it.

On the other hand maybe it is a 310 concept. There are no side frames in the midbody though. That is how the 225 his built. And the hull looks more 110/225 than 310.  But who would be drawing a 225 other than me? Interesting....

Looks pretty sweet...

Last edited by a moderator:

Squalamax

Super Anarchist
110 with self-bailing ends..but why? Only the bow needs that setup (due to the spinnaker handling underdeck). This was drawn on Rhinoceros. I know who might have drawn it.

On the other hand maybe it is a 310 concept. There are no side frames in the midbody though. That is how the 225 his built. And the hull looks more 110/225 than 310.  But who would be drawing a 225 other than me? Interesting....
It’s a new proposed 110 kit. Been on the FB 110 group for a few days now. 

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT

There was resistance to the idea of vertical bulkheads on either end of the cockpit. These self-bailing ends were not so much about self bailing but more about maintaining buoyancy if the boat took on a lot of water. Having them angled like that allow them to be used for storage too and it solved one of the issues of the furler and spinnaker tube as well. A pretty elegant solution all things considered.

MFH125

International 110s were Ray Hunt-designed 24 footers (hot low aspect keelers) for basic DIY market back in the day
They were not designed for a DIY builder.

Been a while since I read about the history of the class, but I'm believe the design was commissioned by Lawley's.  The idea was to have a small one-design class that they could build on speculation to fill gaps in their production schedule and keep their staff employed between larger jobs.  Why plywood?  It was partly because it was a new material in 1946 and Lawley's wanted to experiment with it, and partly because the plywood design allowed Lawley's to make extensive use of gigs and templates.

Latest posts