What is the closest 40’er to a TP52?

OW3

I believe that was the design goal of the Rogers 46 at the time it was designed.  RP45 seems close as well.
I finished a 380nm race on a Rogers 46 sandwiched between two TP's over the line. Majority of the race was downhill, canting Cookson 50 in front of all of us. RP46 about 2 hours behind us. Modern TP would smoke us all. 

SF Woody Sailor

Super Anarchist
I finished a 380nm race on a Rogers 46 sandwiched between two TP's over the line. Majority of the race was downhill, canting Cookson 50 in front of all of us. RP46 about 2 hours behind us. Modern TP would smoke us all. 
A 380nm race on one of the MedCup 52's would most likely not be a pleasant experience.

Jono

Super Anarchist
That is/was my Ker40, in reality the GP42's struggle to beat us over the line. the performance curve is very similar to a TP52

Final verdict available??

Steve has the Icebreaker up for sale in NZ as a replacement.

Matagi

Ambassador of the Republic of R'lyeh
Shaw 11 or 12 (Blink)

nico2.jpg

Soto 40 also an eligible contender, from the looks, but they are raced as OD, so no idea.

perrysoto400910.1474.png

trimfast

Anarchist
Shaw 11 or 12 (Blink)

Soto 40 also an eligible contender, from the looks, but they are raced as OD, so no idea.

I looked at the Soto rating while looking at the Ker40 above. It was knocked out of relevance just for ratings to ratings comparison. 

sinker

Would be much more entertaining to discuss which TP52s are sailed at a level of modern 40 footers? I can think of one or two. 

TripleZeros

Anarchist
MI
I own a Soto 40. We race against a GP42 and win often (haven't raced this year) with PHRF and beat them last year on the Chicago Mac (ORR). Its not all carbon so a poor man's 52 I guess but it performs well for its rating. Set up nearly the same as a 52 but no grinder.

Sail4beer

Super Anarchist
Toms River,NJ
The carbon rig would be an expensive replacement but 2 mains,5 jibs, 2 spinnakers and one spinnaker staysail are there and the topside hull damage seems to only be at the port transom.That’s easy work for someone like me who does it for a living.

Anyway, someone just bought it to re-rig it and do what Alaris is talking about in this thread so good luck to them and don’t think  your going to win anything with a suit of 3 year old rags...