What is this beauty?

haiflosse

Boatville
...anybody knwo who designed/built this stunner? Hailing port Strande/Germany, looks to fly the Kieler Yacht Club burgee.

Could it be a Gary Mull design?
IMG_0854.JPG

Santanasailor

Charter Member. Scow Mafia
North Louisiana
Pounds Sterling, gold bullion, or "real," real estate. (which I know is technically not cash, but a few hundred, no make that a few Thousand acres of prime land preferably next to a large lake (not under...NEXT!) will do, as far as the cash, maybe pay the tax bill for the next hundred years of so would be nice)

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
It appears to have a fore hatch placed unusually far forward, too. So you can run the windlass from the V-berth?

I dunno, really pretty boat. If it's for sale, buy it quick!

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
...anybody knwo who designed/built this stunner? Hailing port Strande/Germany, looks to fly the Kieler Yacht Club burgee.

Could it be a Gary Mull design? View attachment 536275
it looks a lot like Phil Hutchinson's ( T Hutch's pop ) old Veritas.. was a PJ 47? or therebouts.. raced against her a few times in Marion to Bermuda

edit: write-up in the Washington Post post 1995 race calls it a Custom 46, but I seem to recall him calling it a PJ when I was talking to him in Bermuda. the color scheme and deck look very familiar..

Last edited:

Matagi

Ambassador of the Republic of R'lyeh
I don't recall ever seeing an S&S boat with a huge flush deck and tiny cabin house like that?
Oh yes. There was this one:
Da-segelte-sie-noch-oben-Die-Sharki-ist-in-der-Nacht-zu-59985h.jpg

Former 'Rubin', later named Sharki. Sank off Cuxhaven some years ago and was salvaged.
I wouldn't be surprised if the boat above is not also one of the sixteen Rubins HO Schümann had.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Oh yes. There was this one:
Da-segelte-sie-noch-oben-Die-Sharki-ist-in-der-Nacht-zu-59985h.jpg

Former 'Rubin', later named Sharki. Sank off Cuxhaven some years ago and was salvaged.
I wouldn't be surprised if the boat above is not also one of the sixteen Rubins HO Schümann had.

Pretty boat for sure, but what a tiny cockpit. Makes me wonder if the other boats laugh at it....

Latest posts