What makes a boat sell on SA's classifieds?

WoodenBoat would be a great place to list your boat.
$75 for 400 words and five photos.

There’s a thread over there from four years ago about another Mull 30, with the last post from a year ago asking for latest status.

Lastly, it might take some time to find a buyer. Others may have suggestions on how to efficiently screen scammers.

Last edited:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Well the SA ad didn't work. Rather than deal with scammers further I did not continue paying a listing fee. 10 scammer attempts and no interest. Here is this awesome, secure, strong, fast sailing boat with such great history for pennies and few even notice. Times, buyers and sailors surely have changed. I still believe she is the best boat ever designed by Gary Mull and more significant than any of the love threads of rebuilds of classic IORs posted. Diane Beestons famous photo of her.

View attachment 541681
The majority of people, even sailors, only have taste in their mouths.

If you get that boat up here it is sold. ;)

IStream

Super Anarchist
Re: payment, Zelle is safe. It's run by the banks. Once the money is sent to you, there's no way they can get it back, full stop.

PayPal is okay, but you have to connect it to your bank account in order to turn a PayPal credit into "real money" and some people are uncomfortable making the connection. Venmo is owned by PayPal and combines all the worst features of PP and social media.

The Dark Knight

Super Anarchist
Brisvegas
Well the SA ad didn't work. Rather than deal with scammers further I did not continue paying a listing fee. 10 scammer attempts and no interest. Here is this awesome, secure, strong, fast sailing boat with such great history for pennies and few even notice. Times, buyers and sailors surely have changed. I still believe she is the best boat ever designed by Gary Mull and more significant than any of the love threads of rebuilds of classic IORs posted. Diane Beestons famous photo of her.

View attachment 541681
You clearly did not research very well. Just look around at the more popular topics on SA to see our mentality.

Your ad needs to include, either in the text or with the boat photos

Tits
Guns
Boats vaccination status
Tits
Americas cup reference
Pro Democrat/Republican/Trump reference
And more Tits

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum

View attachment 541681
why do these guys look so relaxed - don't they know crash-and-burn is imminent? ;)

SailingTips.Ca

Feigns Knowledge
Victoria, BC

View attachment 541681
Nice pic! I wonder if it would help to show a photo of her sailing with a blooper! ;-)

Latest posts