What say you nutters? Clean shoot?

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
In addition, after Chad gives Kyle the fling off the deck, he makes no threatening movement towards Kyle. He just stands there talking more smack. 

The real mystery here is why Chad is not armed. He should have known better.
clearly what was needed in this difficult situation is more guns........ purple

VhmSays

Supreme Anarchist
The conversation between the ex's, guy tells her he has send cops to her mom's house, she tells him she just got done working and was about to go get the kid, he's unhappy about the fact that it's 3:15, his designated time and he's done with her trying to keep the kid away and going to subpoena Annemarie and everybody. 

He was at her work/friends place and making a scene. Most probably not the first time. He was told kid was not there and she had to go get him. Was asked by the property owner to leave, was threatened by the owner to which his reply was that he was going to take the gun and kill him, a warning shot near his feet was fired and then he grabbed and pushed the gun wielding property owner off his porch. 

He got shot dead.

Judge and jury will see it as self defense if it ever goes on trial. 

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Did the dead guy ever walk through a construction site?
You very funny man

I mis-read the report, apparently it was the shooter's own house. Changes the legal picture IMHO although it certainly raises a big question as to why the dead guy goes to his ex-wifes boyfriends house to pick up his kid.

Shooting somebody in your own yard is kosher in many states and i'd be very surprised if that's not also true in Texas.

Self-defense.

- DSK

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Confirms what several of us have been saying, don't point a gun at somebody unless you also AIM at them and then shoot them. Especially asshole bikers who followed you to your house.

This incident is a shame, the world needs librarians a hell of a lot more than it need bikers IMHO

I would also not give the biker the cover of self-defense, since he was basically an armed intruder.

- DSK
Asshole bikers? She hit the guy with her car, then drove away.

He chased her to her house.  She went inside  THEN CAME BACK OUT and pulled a gun. 

If she was so scared, why she come back outside to point a gun at him? Why didn't she call 911 on the way home?  

Nope.  Sorry.  This lady was an idiot.  She did EVERYTHING wrong,stating when she ran from the scene of an accident right up to when she came back out with the gun. 

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
You very funny man

I mis-read the report, apparently it was the shooter's own house. Changes the legal picture IMHO although it certainly raises a big question as to why the dead guy goes to his ex-wifes boyfriends house to pick up his kid.

Shooting somebody in your own yard is kosher in many states and i'd be very surprised if that's not also true in Texas.

Self-defense.

- DSK
Not sure it’s self defense since he successfully backed away out of unarmed range.  It is  ‘stand your ground’, Also likely legal unless the other guy draws faster.  If Chad was also armed and had successfully drawn and shot, or disarmed and instantly killed Kyle with his own gun, I think he could have claimed self defense.    Kyle threatened death by bringing a gun to a custody dispute and brandishing it.  My take, both this time and with the fat kid, is winner wins in court.  Don’t leave the other guy breathing if you want to avoid jail in this new America.   

Last edited by a moderator:

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
The conversation between the ex's, guy tells her he has send cops to her mom's house, she tells him she just got done working and was about to go get the kid, he's unhappy about the fact that it's 3:15, his designated time and he's done with her trying to keep the kid away and going to subpoena Annemarie and everybody. 

He was at her work/friends place and making a scene. Most probably not the first time. He was told kid was not there and she had to go get him. Was asked by the property owner to leave, was threatened by the owner to which his reply was that he was going to take the gun and kill him, a warning shot near his feet was fired and then he grabbed and pushed the gun wielding property owner off his porch. 

He got shot dead.

Judge and jury will see it as self defense if it ever goes on trial. 
Sure hope not.  The guy wanted his kids.  He wasn't threatening to kill people.  Just like rittenhouse, it was the idiot that brought the gun that escalated it.  

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Yikes, at this early stage I would agree with Jizzy.  So now I have to shoot myself in the face to rid the shame.

Looks like a custody issue.  3:15 is a specific time that he was supposed to pick up the kid probably.  They were keeping the kid and bullshitting the dad.  That is not OK, ever, ask a judge.  But moreover, the shooter could have picked up a phone instead of the gun.  Period.  Yet another horrible decision by a gun nutter.  That's ALL on him.
It’s on him, but it’s Texas. You need to bring your own gun.

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
chum said:
This place is like Alice in Wonderland, through the Looking Glass. You can’t be serious!
It sure is, you RWNJs are fucking crazy.  Again, name something, anything Joe has done in the last 10 months that you don't like.  And for bonus points, what is not better off?  Except vigilantism, which for actual vigilantes, business is booming.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Not sure it’s self defense since he successfully backed away out of unarmed range.  It is  ‘stand your ground’, Also likely legal unless the other guy draws faster.  If Chad was also armed and had successfully drawn and shot, or disarmed and instantly killed Kyle with his own gun, I think he could have claimed self defense.    Kyle threatened death by bringing a gun to a custody dispute and brandishing it.  My take, both this time and with the fat kid, is winner wins in court.  Don’t leave the other guy breathing if you want to avoid jail in this new America.   

Absolutely, duels at dawn, and quick draw wins.

roundthebuoys

Super Anarchist
Limelight
chum said:
Wrong thread, bozo. There’s pages of it in the Biden thread, you’re participating over there, remember?
And not one single complaint except he's a Democrat.  And fuck you bozo.  How much PPP did you get and where did it go?

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC

Backing away changes the picture but I'm not sure there's that big a legal difference.

Picking a fight with a guy in his yard, he can fuckin' shoot you. If it's not actually the law that's what a Texas jury is almost certain to think about it.

- DSK

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
skimmed the Texas statute.

looks like it comes down to if the shooter can cry on the stand and convince the jury he was scared.

Ease the sheet.

ease the sheet
Backing away changes the picture but I'm not sure there's that big a legal difference.

Picking a fight with a guy in his yard, he can fuckin' shoot you. If it's not actually the law that's what a Texas jury is almost certain to think about it.

- DSK
I hope the cops don't find a gun in dead man's car.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
skimmed the Texas statute.

looks like it comes down to if the shooter can cry on the stand and convince the jury he was scared.
it takes balls of nerf to claim you were scared while shouldering a rifle and facing down an unarmed man at 10 feet.