What sunglasses do you wear?

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
Anything with chromapop polarized lenses. Smith usually. Wearing them all day on the water/in the desert is less fatiguing than the regular polarized and things don't look quite as flat.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
After losing/breaking sunglasses I went with the 10 to 20 dollar ones for several decades (I found the FG Ironman ones to be good) I saw some Oakely Sliver half price at about $60 and have been very satisfied and have made it 2 seasons on boats.  I have tried on some of the premium ones and can't tell the difference, but then I am old now. 

Blitz

Super Anarchist
image.png

Black Jack

Super Anarchist
Bose sunglasses for the start of the race or when i am solo sailing; the audio countdown function is nice as is the blue tooth vhf patch in to race committee plus can listen to music. i can switch lenses for light conditions. Switch to Maui Jims when working the sails and driving during the mid day sun.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptnRon

Toronto
Maui Jim's, they last way longer than anything else I've owned and the clarity is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
I did have a pair of Maui Jim titanium frames the last time I had contacts and I would forget they were on my face because they were so transparent and lightweight. They walked off on someone else’s face after a regatta sand I was out $350. They were great, so I think I’m going to look at Maui Jim’s website and see what’s available for sailing and abuse.

Cheap Beer

Anarchist
Anacortes, WA
Maui Jim. Only one's I've used for 30+ years. Good company that stands by their product. Scratch or break a pair and they will replace at a fraction of new cost.

Latest posts