What Will McConnell Do If ?

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been in the hospital for an infection since last Friday, but is expected to be released within the next few days. The 73-year-old, one of the conservative stalwarts on the high court, will miss oral arguments this week. [NPR for Meli]

What if Thomas dies this week creating a real mess of where do we go from here? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been in the hospital for an infection since last Friday, but is expected to be released within the next few days. The 73-year-old, one of the conservative stalwarts on the high court, will miss oral arguments this week. [NPR for Meli]

What if Thomas dies week creating a real mess of where do we go from here? 
T&P’s

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL

What if Thomas dies week creating a real mess of where do we go from here? 
Well, since there is only almost 3 more years left in Biden's term, it is too close to the election to seat a new SC judge appointed by a Democrat.  I am sure Munchkin and Cinamon will support him in this.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
I hope he's refusing any treatment that was based on using  fetal cells.
What if he could get white fetal cells? Asking for a friend.

Well, since there is only almost 3 more years left in Biden's term, it is too close to the election to seat a new SC judge appointed by a Democrat.  I am sure Munchkin and Cinamon will support him in this.
I just rec'd a new supply of purple font. I see you're plum out.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Well, since there is only almost 3 more years left in Biden's term, it is too close to the election to seat a new SC judge appointed by a Democrat.
Right.  Because there's a time warp that must be considered.  In Democrat warp time, a year is like a day.  In Republican warp time, it's just the opposite. 

Remodel

Super Anarchist
None
Based on his behavior during oral arguments one can surmise that he has been dead for years if not decades
He has no need to take notes or ask questions. Hell, I bet his wife provides the bullet points that his clerks use to draft his opinions. I used to think he was the worst SCJ ever until the GOP appointed a rapist and religious whack-a-doodle.

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
He has no need to take notes or ask questions. Hell, I bet his wife provides the bullet points that his clerks use to draft his opinions. I used to think he was the worst SCJ ever until the GOP appointed a rapist and religious whack-a-doodle.
I give you the following from Mark Antony: ““The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interrèd with their bones”

In the cases of TFG and McConnell the “good” is not going to take up much room.