What's at stake with NBR Misconduct rule 69?

JohnMB

Super Anarchist
Evanston
If you are comparing 1) a stroll in a park and randomly taking a seat on a bench and having a discussion, to 2) posting to SA, in a thread started by a right wing half wit, and 600+ shit posts in.

But, as a counter point, I will point out that almost 40 years of Stupid Republican lies being poured into the ears of the American public certainty did work for a millions of them. And I think that is far more evidence than 23 people in a park.

I'm not comparing the two at all I'm pointing you to one paper that explores a specific theory about persuasion, and which happens to also back up what most of us experience in real life.
Your "counter point" backs up my argument, no one changed those people opinion by being rude to them. They flattered them, showed them some 'evidence' and then told them lies, all the while telling them they were the true patriots and they were standing up for freedom. And yes this works very well, in a way that calling someone an idiot does not.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Stubble rash on your nutsack?
Probably not mine… unless some tranny fakes me out and is pretty good at deep throat.

But… my appreciation for cocksuckers is more of a “good for the community” appreciation.

My thought process about cocksuckers is more like my appreciation for people who stop to help when they see a person standing by the side of the road, hood up on the car, jumper cables in hand.

Guys LOVE blowjobs. Most of us have a preferred sex for the donor but why shouldn’t I appreciate the generosity of anybody who is giving any willing recipient a blowjob?? …. Isn’t a cocksucker necessarily being nice??

So… The ONLY Pejorative use of cocksucker is when a homophob is using the term to indicate his fear / dislike of men who give pleasure to other men.

And in that case I am convinced the person posing as a homophob is in fact a closeted faggot.

Why??

Sensible straight guys appreciate gay guys because , every gay guy who finds a boyfriend clears the competition for two more lonely women.

By extension, if all the guys turn gay, I am the only available choice for the straight women.

Unless they are also rapists, all cocksuckers are good in my world.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
For the love of Bermuda, will you please move on from Covid, masks and vaccines?! There’s an entire corona anarchy where you can go over stuff that most people picked up two years ago. This thread was interesting for its tropical islands, the naive aggression of the OP and because it was about boats. Discussing covid measures is like falling through some unpleasant time warp…

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 8.32.03 AM.png

JimC

Not actually an anarchist.
South East England
There's something awfully ironic about accusations of bullying and/or cowardice from the SA lynch mob. I suppose I shouldn't lecture you folks about your exotic history, but really, even if a guy who was lynched was in fact guilty that still doesn't make lynching right.

Mike_Rutledge

There's something awfully ironic about accusations of bullying and/or cowardice from the SA lynch mob. I suppose I shouldn't lecture you folks about your exotic history, but really, even if a guy who was lynched was in fact guilty that still doesn't make lynching right.
What about the irony of getting lessons on internet forum decorum from a guy who uses a word that describes african-americans being tortured and murdered by groups of white racists to describe being mean to a white sailor who proudly destroyed a regatta registration desk? :unsure:

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Nah. His use of lynch mob was fine: "Lynching is an extrajudicial killing by a group. It is most often used to characterize informal public executions by a mob in order to punish an alleged transgressor, punish a convicted transgressor, or intimidate people. It can also be an extreme form of informal group social control, and it is often conducted with the display of a public spectacle (often in the form of a hanging) for maximum intimidation. Instances of lynchings and similar mob violence can be found in every society."

Expat Canuck

Anarchist
Salish Sea
To be fair... he kind of brought it on himself by starting the thread and asking for opinions.

basketcase

Fuck you second amendment
a long way from home
To be fair... he kind of brought it on himself by starting the thread and asking for opinions.
'hey guys, I was a total fucking fuckwit and flipped over a table at the customs courtesy desk at the start of s major ocean race because freedumb..... Look how big my dick is. what do you guys think of my heroic efforts?' how can we be expected to not take the piss out of him?

Latest posts