What's happened to the VX One ?

Snapper95

Buy a VX One, throw it in the Bay and start lapping the J/70's. Make sure they see a few sets and douses. You'll have a fleet in no time!

Not only that, there are no keel wedges on the VX One to modify!

Just sayin'! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodfavela

Anarchist
Texas
...and this is how they look with the Raptor Deck on:

11025940_1007411209288458_960073902620078770_o.jpg

Rodfavela

Anarchist
Texas
Three more of this beauties were unloaded yesterday at Houston Yacht Club yesterday. Fleet #4 keeps growing and there is one "Houstonian" now. Big kudos to Brian and Hayden Bennett for their support.

Also want to thank Pat Gibson and the Houston Yacht Club for their kindness and support and let us use the facilities for a clean and easier operation.

11244917_10153283734876064_6531171119941508042_n.jpg

Gladiator Sailing

Super Anarchist
Homeless
Hoping to reach out to the other SF non-PHRFable boats...

We are bringing 5 i550s down for Delta Ditch and would love to see the VX and K6 and Open570 make a showing as well.

sailhmb

half moon bay
Good luck at the ditch. I have another event on 6/6. I would like to stop by and play in Portland. We will be passing by in late august. Anything going on then?

Gladiator Sailing

Super Anarchist
Homeless
Good luck at the ditch. I have another event on 6/6. I would like to stop by and play in Portland. We will be passing by in late august. Anything going on then?
Cascade Locks would be a better venue... none of the Portland i550s really sail in Portland. We built the boats (pre-VX days and we'd all be sailing VXs today if they were where they are now, back then... but I digress...) specifically to do a "traveling" circuit. Season opener (tune-up) in April in Portland, then to Olympia, WA, Richmond, CA, Bellingham, WA, Eugene, OR, etc, etc, etc... you can figure out the rest.

We are going to do an event in mid-late August in Eugene, OR at Fern Ridge... its the Viper 640 West Coast Champs. We should have 6+ i550s. Bring a shitpile of VXs and we could have a great sporty event with all the 4ksb watching us go "ZOOM-ZOOM" all day!

We need... no, NEED more inter-fleet coordination. Events that all the sub-20' fun boats can go and hang out and promote their own brand of fun.

sailhmb

half moon bay
Cascade Locks would be a better venue... none of the Portland i550s really sail in Portland. We built the boats (pre-VX days and we'd all be sailing VXs today if they were where they are now, back then... but I digress...) specifically to do a "traveling" circuit. Season opener (tune-up) in April in Portland, then to Olympia, WA, Richmond, CA, Bellingham, WA, Eugene, OR, etc, etc, etc... you can figure out the rest.

We are going to do an event in mid-late August in Eugene, OR at Fern Ridge... its the Viper 640 West Coast Champs. We should have 6+ i550s. Bring a shitpile of VXs and we could have a great sporty event with all the 4ksb watching us go "ZOOM-ZOOM" all day!

We need... no, NEED more inter-fleet coordination. Events that all the sub-20' fun boats can go and hang out and promote their own brand of fun.
We will be at PITCH in Bellingham (Labor Day). Are the i550s coming?

How did the Ditch go?

Gladiator Sailing

Super Anarchist
Homeless
We will be at PITCH in Bellingham (Labor Day). Are the i550s coming?

How did the Ditch go?
fucking carnage!! 153 boats started... 126 finished!!

We limped through... nice kite runs in big waves and wind... really more than the i550 was designed for though. One i550 lost the top 6' of mast and one lost a keel... 2 of 3 finished... 0 of 2 Ultimate 20s finished so not that bad really!

Pitch eh... last time I was at pitch was in the Cheetah 30 and it blew 50 knots both days and there was NO racing!

I'm not sure if the VX or i550 can handle a full on PITCH to be honest... if you've got 30+ and 4' waves at 4 seconds you are going to get clobbered in the bay... who knows... we might show up... it would be entertaining!! I'd rather do Spud Cup or something on a lake that time of year, but I'll float it out to the gang and see what happens!

sailhmb

half moon bay
We did PITCH last year and it was OK.

Sorry I missed the Ditch, (carnage really), maybe next year my schedule will be open. Do you a published list of your 2015 circuit? I would like to terrorized the locals too.

Latest posts