What's happened to the VX One ?

From the Helm

Anarchist
Michigan
Racing in Sarasota today was great, 15 knots downwind and crossings are frenetic. Great boat and great competition.

Racing in Sarasota today was great, 15 knots downwind and crossings are frenetic. Great boat and great competition.

Rodfavela

Anarchist
Texas
Rod what happened in Miami? Sailing 3 up is the new normal?
Miami was very fun. Great event with the only thing I did not like was the fact that on Thursday (Day 1 of racing) the RC cancelled our racing as well as the Vipers because it was "too windy". Yet the J/70s were racing. As soon as the day was called, we all when sailing to practice.

The forecast was calling for winds in the upper 20s and low 30s so most teams decided to sail between 430 lbs to 530 lbs. The windy days were super fun.

Rodfavela

Anarchist
Texas
12806123_1157231124288469_1403363357728072314_n.jpg

Turkey Slapper

Super Anarchist
Queensland
25 knots, masthead kite (ASBA Regatta), 8 foot seas.

The bow didn't come up that much.

A short amusing clip!

25 knots!!!! What drugs are you on!!!! There has never been even 20 knots at any of those regattas, stop with the talk it up!!! Youve done enough dammage with your self promoting shit!!!

Rodfavela

Anarchist
Texas
Most of the teams are sailing 3-UP at 480 lbs on average, some even less. A couple of teams are sailing 2-UP and still hanging in there. It is played by ear based on the forecast.

12919641_1014552935255137_7124150730208638807_n.jpg

Vgree

Super Anarchist
OKC, Oklahoma
The crew just uses their third hand to hold the halyard as the other two pull the retrieval part of the line.

In all seriousness that is basically how it happens. I don't go forward of the Vang Cleat very often because the tiller won't reach up there so I am not the best one to respond. But I watch my crew do it and she typically will take up all the slack in a few pulls before uncleating the halyard. Then when she does uncleat the tension of running through the cleat seems to keep enough tension. Does that make sense?

Just tell your crew the retrieve faster!

sailhmb

half moon bay
That what I thought. Just checking if there was something I was missing. Btw, telling the crew to go faster, not a good idea marriage-wise. One can ask politely and hope for the best.

Vgree

Super Anarchist
OKC, Oklahoma
Right there with you believe me, sail with the fiance, nothing has ever happened faster when you tell your fiance to pick up the pace.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
That what I thought. Just checking if there was something I was missing. Btw, telling the crew to go faster, not a good idea marriage-wise. One can ask politely and hope for the best.

Right there with you believe me, sail with the fiance, nothing has ever happened faster when you tell your fiance to pick up the pace.
Y'all are doing it wrong. I say, "Take your time, honey. Those other boats need to beat us so they can prop up their self-esteem, and I'm busy answering a text from that gal who wants to sail with me next weekend anyway."

B)

FB- Doug

Latest posts