Australia 2.jpg

Australia 3.jpg

Australia 4.jpg

Australia 5.jpg

Australia 6.jpg

Australia 7.jpg

orca99

Other news:

The first VX in SE Asia proved it is a fairly decent boat racing under IRC, when it came 2nd in Phuket Kings Cup in a 10 boat fleet in IRC2.

The event started two days after delivery of the boat.

Orca99

ED753545-7C99-4664-9739-163107B76FB2.png

n4s

That makes 26 entries for the VX One Nationals in Australia at The Festival of Sails (festivalofsails.com.au)  in Geelong....this will be epic! 

SailBlue

Code:
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/313005189" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Squirrel

Super Anarchist
We just finished our 3rd Winter Series event for the VX One at Sarasota Sailing Squadron. The 3 events had a total of 38 different boats participate during the 3 events. We completed 27 total races, including 13 this past weekend (Friday - Sunday). Much of the success of this event comes down to Travis Yates (the OA), the people/volunteers at the Squadron, our PROs (Ed Furry and Keven Eiber), and their decision to use MarkSetBots.

Next up is Charleston and we already have 21 boats signed up.

What a great boat!!

MS

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
We just finished our 3rd Winter Series event for the VX One at Sarasota Sailing Squadron. The 3 events had a total of 38 different boats participate during the 3 events. We completed 27 total races, including 13 this past weekend (Friday - Sunday). Much of the success of this event comes down to Travis Yates (the OA), the people/volunteers at the Squadron, our PROs (Ed Furry and Keven Eiber), and their decision to use MarkSetBots.

Next up is Charleston and we already have 21 boats signed up.

What a great boat!!

MS
23 now...I'll have to stop by to check them out in person.  I'm in the 37 boat Melges 24 fleet.

WCB

Super Anarchist
Park City, UT
WCB- I have been considering a road trip to Park City with my VX.  Could you recommend a regatta there or a show & sail with the sailing school?
Thursday nights all Summer from June through September there is keelboat racing which now includes PHRF.  You could show up early and show the boat and do some racing that night.  In September is the Fall Regatta and there should be a PHRF class there as well now that we have U20s, an Open 5.70 and a Melges 24, as well as J22s possibly, racing on Thursday night next to our fleet of Elliotts.  The Fall Regatta is September 11-12.  Show up for weeknight racing on the 9th, stay for the regatta on the 11-12th.  

sp543

What is/was the design intent behind sheeting the main straight from the boom? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
What is/was the design intent behind sheeting the main straight from the boom? 
Better sheeting angle, less cockpit clutter.

Skiffs have done it that way for a long time, so have the anti-skiffs: the Ensign

Takes a little getting used to but I liked it. It's an option to put in a swivel cleat if you really want one

FB- Doug

sailhmb

half moon bay
I have configured the VX main sheet as; boom block, boom block w/cam cleat, and deck swivel cam cleat.  All configurations were used in numerous races. I stayed with the deck cleat to allow another hand free for certain circumstances (snafus) and better sheeting leverage while sitting or hiking (which was a surprise).  In light air racing I pull the main all the way out to the end knot and play the sheet from the boom.  

One must be vigilant to not leave the main cleated when racing because the VX is more dinghy with a live main sheet than keel boat.