What's in your arsenal??

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
Checked it out tonight. Stairwell without light….stairwell with WML. Good enough. View attachment 533942 View attachment 533943

C41E7B6B-A228-4623-A3E3-EC7DF101F99E.jpeg

Last edited:

veni vidi vici

When would you shoot?
Lol… I just remembered this
It was Christmas night
Of course I didn’t remember that when my wife shook me awake and frightening saio” someone is in the house.
I grabbed my machete and was starting down the stairs ( a 90 degree turn in the stairs a few steps from the top) the first thing I see is my 9 year old son coming up after putting my present under the tree… scary still

Last edited:

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Does it have laser too?
Was thinking about getting one for my Springfield Emmisary ( not this particular model, but Streamlight nevertheless). It should arrive next weekend from https://gritrsports.com/springfield-armory so might aswell look into optics and light for it.:cool:
No, the TLR8 is the same critter with the laser. Will probably go with the Holosun 507……have not decided on the optics yet.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
When would you shoot?
Lol… I just remembered this
It was Christmas night
Of course I didn’t remember that when my wife shook me awake and frightening saio” someone is in the house.
I grabbed my machete and was starting down the stairs ( a 90 degree turn in the stairs a few steps from the top) the first thing I see is my 9 year old son coming up after putting my present under the tree… scary still
Oh….I see what you mean……there is no specific answer. When I judge no other options exist.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Oh….I see what you mean……there is no specific answer. When I judge no other options exist.
I suppose I could be more descriptive.

I've studied and practiced decision making my entire adult life. There are lots of models but simplicity is my favorite. I don't remember who I should attribute this model to and at the risk of sounding like Rumsfeld..........I divide decisions into 4 "quads". Low risk - low frequency, low risk - high frequency, high risk - high frequency, and the one you should spend the most time thinking about high risk - low frequency. That last one is the one that requires the most mental preparation and the most preplanning. For me I did this throughout my career. When I was a command officer I would spend the morning at my desk dealing with administrative details. After lunch I was usually not interested in desk work any longer so I loaded up and spent the afternoon doing two things. Dropping in my stations to say hi, see how things were and finding out if they had any problems/obstacles to excellent service I needed to solve for them. The second thing was preplanning using what I have heard called the "Walter Middy" approach. Named after some character in a movie who daydreamed himself a dramatic player in a variety of circumstances. I would go park at some building or brush location I considered high risk and imagine a fire or other emergency in various places in the building/brush. Then I would visualize what it would look like, think about what I would do meaning what strategy and tactics I would employ and in what order. I would even talk out loud as if talking on the radio and giving assignments. Almost every shift I did this at a different location. Took about 30-45 minutes and then filed it away in the memory banks. Might even take a couple notes and clip it to the paper preplan or write it on the topo map. I actually had a number of fires in locations I had done this mental preplanning exercise and rolling up at 2 am it already seemed familiar.

So how do I decide...........well I judge that decision a high risk - low frequency decision. So I preplan the heck out of the decision. I know where I'll stand, I know what order I will do things, I know what I will say. I am relatively confident I am more likely than not to make the correct decision.

veni vidi vici

Hopefully you have just acquired a new fun hobby.
Long guns at distance are really fun !
Your Glock is a .40 caliber correct?
Find a .40 caliber carbine
😊

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Hopefully you have just acquired a new fun hobby.
Long guns at distance are really fun !
Your Glock is a .40 caliber correct?
Find a .40 caliber carbine
😊
Well……it will not take the place of my archery but I see the many mental and physical similarities……only archery is a lot quieter…….😎😉🏹

Also…..I already have a 12ga Mossberg 930 SPX……that’s enough.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Archery is hard and similar to long gun shooting... sight picture, breathing, a consistent hold and ....release.

Reusable ammo = cheaper too!
It’s really hard! I’m out to 40 yards shooting well. To get much farther I’ll probably have to increase my draw weight. I’d like to get out to the Olympic distance of 70 meters but that will take some work.