What's in your arsenal??

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
When Obama got elected there was a run on ammo, everybody thought he was gunning for it (pun intended). .22 was going for ridiculous numbers. After awhile, just like this time, it all settled down.

Edit to note that I typed .22 and it didn't go dogballs on me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
Thankfully to the untrained eye, pretty much all O/U game shotguns look the same, never had a clue which ones I’d upgraded or bought........ especially as she never had or was allowed access to the cabinet.  
One of the few smart requirements in the UK and is drilled into you at your initial interview.   :)
Bud of mine will kiss his wife goodbye, and leave for the range with a rifle hard case in hand.  3 hours later, he's back.  Somehow, the hard case weighs significantly more than when he left. Just by chance, the range happens to be in the back of a gun shop... 

Helps that his wife doesn't know the difference between an AR-14, single shot 22, a 30 clip magazine, a fully semi-automatic pistol, or a riot spattergun. Although his smooth sailing might be about to hit a reef, as she recently remarked that the gun safe that used to have plenty of room for her jewelry is now getting pretty tight...

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
leave for the range with a rifle hard case in hand.  3 hours later, he's back.  Somehow, the hard case weighs significantly more than when he left.
Yup.  I used to live on that model.  Every once in a while, She would ask "how long have you had that one?"  I'd answer "a while", knowing that "a while" covers a lot of ground between 20 years and 20 minutes.

That was good until, a couple of years back, I came home from a trip to find a big, beautiful, probably expensive antique oak roll-top desk in the family room. 

I asked "how long have we had that?" 

She just smiled, and said "oh, a while...."

chinabald

Super Anarchist
When Obama got elected there was a run on ammo, everybody thought he was gunning for it (pun intended). .22 was going for ridiculous numbers. After awhile, just like this time, it all settled down.

Edit to note that I typed .22 and it didn't go dogballs on me!
that's been turned off for a few months now. 

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado
that's been turned off for a few months now. 
tenor.gif

White Lightning2

Anarchist
PNW
At the risk of giving away a good shopping spot.

My local Camping World store keeps a nice selection of ammo and is usually well stocked. Even with 22.

WL

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Yap, that 3 inch rail makes hiking an exercise in pain management - when you're racing.  

However, the Thistle can be sailed in a most gentlemanly manner; her weighted centerboard and generous seat tanks making it easy to cruise at old fart speed (mine).  Even better, you've got that humongous centerboard trunk so you can work on your dexterity and bruise management.  ;)
We have a growing Harbor 20 fleet here and they have the best class racing rule I have ever seen:

Factory cockpit cushions must be in place and used. No butts on rails. No cheapass non-cushioning cushions.

mad

Super Anarchist
Bud of mine will kiss his wife goodbye, and leave for the range with a rifle hard case in hand.  3 hours later, he's back.  Somehow, the hard case weighs significantly more than when he left. Just by chance, the range happens to be in the back of a gun shop... 

Helps that his wife doesn't know the difference between an AR-14, single shot 22, a 30 clip magazine, a fully semi-automatic pistol, or a riot spattergun. Although his smooth sailing might be about to hit a reef, as she recently remarked that the gun safe that used to have plenty of room for her jewelry is now getting pretty tight...
There’s a certain logic to the rule of not letting your wife have access to the gun safe.  :p

I’ve heard of cases where the police have turned up for an inspection and asked the wife or kids where the gun safe keys are? Oh yes, here they are and then been handed over to them, bang goes your licence!!! 

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
xugxn5i.jpg
''

A few here. I have plenty of ammo leftover from a past where I had time to go shooting. The MCX is chambered in .300 BO and is ridiculously quiet with the can on it. The DE is chambered in .50AE and has been fired 3 times total, don't really have any interest in shooting it again although it will be fun to watch other folks try it. Carry gun is the little Colt Cobra. 

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
There’s a certain logic to the rule of not letting your wife have access to the gun safe.  :p

I’ve heard of cases where the police have turned up for an inspection and asked the wife or kids where the gun safe keys are? Oh yes, here they are and then been handed over to them, bang goes your licence!!! 
There's also a certain logic to telling police to show me a warrant or leave.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Not in about a month. I keep a pretty good supply on hand, so my regular trips to the range don't deplete my supply until 5 or 6 weeks.

My "Zombie Apocalypse" reserves are more than sufficient to weather the current social dysfunction.

WL
A month ago cabelas has tons of ammo. 2 weeks ago just about all they had left was waterfowl loads (which is odd as those would be excellent for HD) and sporting clay #8s. This week pretty much nothing. I imagine camping world is similar today. 

White Lightning2

Anarchist
PNW
A month ago cabelas has tons of ammo. 2 weeks ago just about all they had left was waterfowl loads (which is odd as those would be excellent for HD) and sporting clay #8s. This week pretty much nothing. I imagine camping world is similar today. 

We are locked down. So Camping world is closed!! :)

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
We have a growing Harbor 20 fleet here and they have the best class racing rule I have ever seen:

Factory cockpit cushions must be in place and used. No butts on rails. No cheapass non-cushioning cushions.
Hopefully, there's a rule requiring gimbaled drink holders.  

Hmm... 3 1/2 feet draft. Wonder if they've made it out to the East Coast... Have to look into it when this shi'ite blows over. Was also looking at a J22.