Annapolis
RS 21 for club sailing

c_6638b7d0e6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
Yup: RS 21.

Similar in use to Balboa YC's GovCup (bee hive) 22 designed by Alan Andrews but with less sym and possibly wider adaptation.

Similar to J/70 but with less professionals (one can hope) and more local fleets / less travel (one can hope.)

I've always felt it's a shame the pros ruined the J/70; it had good potential to be a great club boat. On the upside, when the pros move to the next big (or, I guess, little) thing, there should be plenty of decent J/70s for sale. Then, maybe, it can become a great club boat.

sunseeker

Super Anarchist
Yup: RS 21.

Similar in use to Balboa YC's GovCup (bee hive) 22 designed by Alan Andrews but with less sym and possibly wider adaptation.

Similar to J/70 but with less professionals (one can hope) and more local fleets / less travel (one can hope.)

I've always felt it's a shame the pros ruined the J/70; it had good potential to be a great club boat. On the upside, when the pros move to the next big (or, I guess, little) thing, there should be plenty of decent J/70s for sale. Then, maybe, it can become a great club boat.
Pros didn’t ruin the J70. The owners that write the checks did. And it’s sure not ruined for all those being paid. I hope that class prospers and people keep paying for pros, might be less of them elsewhere.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Old skool thing - takes all the vertical load off the mainsheet, makes moving the boom in/out much easier/quicker. Leech tension controlled with the gnav

WestCoast

Super Anarchist
31,590 Euro
^^^ If you're talking  'landed, prepped, race sails, motor and trailer' -  might be close, but otherwise, that's off the mark.
I expect the base version to be significantly less than that in USD.

Dave - I don't know the final number, we expect to hear that in a week or so.
At the risk of putting my foot in my mouth, I won't say the final price I've been told informally.

Last edited by a moderator: