What's this???

Dino

Anarchist
Ireland
Hi,

I spotted this on a local for sale website. I haven't a clue what it is but it looks interesting. Okay the cockpit is tiny ut it might make a decent winter project.

Dinghy.jpg

Dino

Anarchist
Ireland
Doh!!!!

Okay, I f**ked up. I thought it was something a bit racier than that. I've never seen a sunfish before.

I'm looking for something like an old Finn to do up.

Back to the drawing board.

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
Doh!!!!

Okay, I f**ked up. I thought it was something a bit racier than that. I've never seen a sunfish before.

I'm looking for something like an old Finn to do up.

Back to the drawing board.
Then look for a Finn. An OK Dinghy would probably work as well.

There are probably some Contenders might be available and would make good winter projects as well.

RonK

Hi,

I spotted this on a local for sale website. I haven't a clue what it is but it looks interesting. Okay the cockpit is tiny ut it might make a decent winter project.
Sunfishes are far and few in Ireland....
I sailed one in Ireland once. There was a guy who did the frostbites in DMYC in one and he cleaned up. Won everything, everyone was going mad about his handicap but he was just way better than them.

They're tubs, but not bad tubs all things considered. Really easy to rig (can raise the sail on the water) and great for beginners. As I recall they don't really point but are a lot better downwind.

The Sunfish is pretty much the American equivalent of the Topper.

mrnanney

Super Anarchist
maryland
Hi,

Sunfishes are far and few in Ireland....
I sailed one in Ireland once. There was a guy who did the frostbites in DMYC in one and he cleaned up. Won everything, everyone was going mad about his handicap but he was just way better than them.

They're tubs, but not bad tubs all things considered. Really easy to rig (can raise the sail on the water) and great for beginners. As I recall they don't really point but are a lot better downwind.

The Sunfish is pretty much the American equivalent of the Topper.
get a race centerboard and race main w controls it will point a little better or toss a conventional rig on it.

piggybui

Éire
I've never seen one in Ireland either.

Then again most american sailors haven't seen a load of the dinghy designs we race here and in the UK.

Latest posts