what's wrong with this picture

MR.CLEAN

Not here
This thing makes my brain hurt, and is exactly the opposite of what I would want to see if I were looking for PR companies for a big event.

Is it just me?

http://ballastgroup.com/many-similarities-pr-pros-sailing-skippers

Sailing-PR.png

Norse Horse

Super Anarchist
The Rock
" Like sailing, public relations requires the skilled management of many variables at once to take ideas to the next level. Using a balanced approach, we act as a boat’s ballast for clients, keeping their goals and objectives moving in the right direction. "

Oh, like a Rawson 30....

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
I'd say it's just the typically bad job most illustrators do with sailboats,  but no - it's much worse.   They over sell their analogy AND harness it to their complete misunderstanding of everything about sailing,  and even physics.

They may just as well be saying:   "Hire us,  we have No Fucking Clue whatsoever."

Knut Grotzki

Anarchist
Germany
Oh and I forgot, the principle "raced the Chicago-to-Mackinac Island regatta twice, and dreams of sailing obscure parts of the world. She lives in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood with her labradoodle, Juni". This might be where the sailing olfection of the picture comes from.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
that looks like something my 8-9 year old opti group would draw on a rainy day........

overdraft

Anarchist
you're looking at this all wrong... this is clearly a 'spot the difference' game where you list the difference between the picture and reality:

Loose Luff Main

Outboard immersed the whole time

Asso rigged to sprit pre-launch, but flies off the foredeck

Wheel mounted 90° to what would work

Compass has 4 needles

Marketing speak makes no sense

EvaOdland

I bet it took lots of neck-beard scratching to come up with that gem....his trust fund must be at stake here...