What's your favorite bit of sailing tech?

Sisu3360

Anarchist
Care to share which gloves those are? I'm hunting for new gloves for frostbite season. 
Took me a long time to realize that the best gloves are good core layers. Overheat your core and your extremities tend to keep circulation. I go with Atlas Therma Fits for gloves.

Swimsailor

Super Anarchist
WA
My Garmin Quatix watch that I bought re-furbed for $75.  Speed, tracking, waypoints, startline... all on my wrist, for $75.

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
So there is that chart. Lower right hand corner then?
more upper right

Crazy-Hot-Scale-1.jpg

Foolish

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
Care to share which gloves those are? I'm hunting for new gloves for frostbite season. 
Years ago I moved to Victoria, where we can sail all year including when the temperature is just at freezing, I was sick and tired of the so called yachting gloves. Once they got wet they were completely useless and the insides became the outsides when I tried to take them off.  So I went to our local commercial fisheries supply store and asked "what do the Alaska crab fishermen wear?"  The answer is heavy duty rubber gloves with polypro liners inside.  These are MUCH better at keeping you dry and warm. And if you get wet you can just swap out the liners with new dry ones.  I bought 2 pairs of the rubber gloves and 4 pairs of the liners for a total of $25.  

Latest posts