Where da Front Page at?

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Never mind...!
Suddenly I'm seeing ads here, even with Adblock. 

Nice. But, as nearly as I can make out there's no way to edit the markup. That's going to make responding to long quotes one section at a time hard. Doing responses inside quotes in different colors gets unreadable fast. I suppose we can cut from the quote and paste into new quotes with the new editor. That's not elegant.
Not elegant at all. Where's the "More Reply Options" page gone? That used to be the easiest way to trim quotes.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Suddenly I'm seeing ads here, even with Adblock. 

Not elegant at all. Where's the "More Reply Options" page gone? That used to be the easiest way to trim quotes.
In addition, when you quote someone, the quote boxes from others don't show up. How the hell are you supposed to keep track of a conversation when you only have the last quote showing?

Fail.

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
All is right with the world!

Just like before Trump!

mythical_ft_pg_link.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Varan

Super Anarchist
So I have a desktop, a laptop and a Chromebook all running FF and there is no link to the mythical FP. Of course I have only been using computers since the 80's so I might not have any idea what I am doing. 
And that's a good thing.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
we are on it - there are a lot of changes to incorporate. do you guys like the new forum otherwise?
Needs more ads. The old forums sucked. Sailing discussions were too readily available and loaded too quickly. You're on the right track, but I'm thinking some obnoxious pop ups might help!

All kidding aside, no complaints. Just have to get used to "different."

olaf hart

Super Anarchist
Working fine here at the other end of the planet.

I noticed posts on ignore have dropped even further into the background, got me thinking.

Is there any way to completely drop ignores out, so I don't even know they posted?

Stopping the chain of posts on reply helps, but it would be great if putting someone on ignore takes away all their oxygen.

And maybe someone with a threshold number of ignores could be automatically barred?

TwoLegged

Super Anarchist
we are on it - there are a lot of changes to incorporate. do you guys like the new forum otherwise?
It seems  a little smoother, but there are many backward steps:

1. No raw editing mode (makes it harder to tweak posts)
  2. No nested quotes (hard to track conversations)
  3. Skin has too little contrast.  Hard to identify difft sections of the page
  4. The post # which used to be in the top right of each post has gone. It was useful for referring to posts without having to quote them
So overall, I much preferred the old setup