where in the world

chrishampe

Anarchist
Plymouth, UK
Here is the next one for you, Where in the world are we here, and what is the club that is found somewhere behind the photographer?

FinnCats.jpg

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
my googling tells me Queen charlotte YC in Picton, NZ.

seems currently relevant?

looks pretty
My googling tells me that Queen Charlotte, the first black queen of England, was the wife of Mad King George III (not to be confused with his great great great great great grandson, Mad King Charles III.) Charlotte is famous for sailing a yacht from Germany to England as a 17 year old girl to meet her future husband.
bhc0404.jpg

Last edited:

chrishampe

Anarchist
Plymouth, UK
my googling tells me Queen charlotte YC in Picton, NZ.

seems currently relevant?

looks pretty
Correct, Queen Charlotte YC, Over to you.

My googling tells me that Queen Charlotte, the first black queen of England, was the wife of Mad King George III (not to be confused with his great great great great great grandson, Mad King Charles III.) Charlotte is famous for sailing a yacht from Germany to England as a 17 year old girl to meet her future husband.

Yes the story goes that it was quite the stormy journey departing Germany on the 17th August and Arriving in London on the 8th September at around 3PM. The marriage took place at 9PM the same day.

shebeen

Super Anarchist
okilee dokilee

try this, this is a screenshot from a yacht club's instagram feed. I'm pretty sure it is their home waters, but name the club will get you on the podium. country letters digitally removed with a swift white square
1663614766129.png