where in the world

Foredeck Shuffle

More of a Stoic Cynic, Anarchy Sounds Exhausting
The end of a distance race.

P1010179.JPG

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
Some monster tide zone, where the rich have castles'n'stuff, but are civilized and astute: with marvelous fun dinghies, instead of Hinckley Picnic Boats. Lotta mussels. Ancient solar observatories on the estuary (now with its own railroad.) It's not where I'm from.
Welcome to the thread. We have found it works best if we all try to guess the most recent mystery photo rather than the first one posted (for which the answer has already been posted anayway.)

Xeon

Super Anarchist
England
Some monster tide zone, where the rich have castles'n'stuff, but are civilized and astute: with marvelous fun dinghies, instead of Hinckley Picnic Boats. Lotta mussels. Ancient solar observatories on the estuary (now with its own railroad.) It's not where I'm from.
I answered that one over a year ago 😂😂😂😂

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
I know where it is , but will not answer as I am British and we hate people that push into a queue. 😂😂
I am also British and I also hate people who push into a queue so I have already given two (probably totally wrong) answers to the only valid current "where in the world" photo which was posted by @shebeen.

Last edited:

shebeen

Super Anarchist
Rio de la Plata, Argentina
sort of on the right track, because as well know, the Rio Del Plata is not really a river, but more of an estuary.
It's also the confluence of some big rivers.

about 600km as the crow flies from the confluence of these rivers will land you at this bridge.

sorry about the tardy response. it was weekend. i was well away from computerthings

shebeen

Super Anarchist
I think River Plate is either a football club, or the uruguayan term for rio del plata. both are not correct, although this guy once beat the river plate football team and is born in our mystery location

1664177857041.png

Der_Dude

Anarchist
That's a recent signing of FC Porto, a goalie born in Asunción.

Could not find a bridge resembling the one in the photo in Asunción. Could this be the club house on a pier of the Club Náutico Asuncion?

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
sort of on the right track, because as well know, the Rio Del Plata is not really a river, but more of an estuary.
It's also the confluence of some big rivers.

about 600km as the crow flies from the confluence of these rivers will land you at this bridge.
LOL. I am amazed that my guess was on the right continent, not to mention only a few 100km down river from the location of the photo. But many moons ago I did have lunch at a restaurant on the banks of the Rio del Plata estuary on the Argentinian side and the color of the water in the mystery photo stirred up that distant memory.
Growing up in post WW2 England my father used to take me to lots of war movies. This was one of our favourites.

Last edited:

chrishampe

Anarchist
Plymouth, UK

Could not find a bridge resembling the one in the photo in Asunción. Could this be the club house on a pier of the Club Náutico Asuncion?
Asuncion is over 1,000Km north of River Plate so I dont think it is there.

After looking at quite a few bridges up and down the river The closest I can find that has the same guard rail and pillars is this one:

Not much google streetview to go on though

shebeen

Super Anarchist

maybe i sent a slight red herring there. according to wikipedia he is born in Asuncion, i just took a tweet as the literal truth.

Latest posts