where in the world

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
Correct this is Club Voile Hourtin Medoc in the village of Piqueyrot on the North West side of the lake. With the lake being quite shallow with a sandy bottom the water gets really warm with a reliable sea breeze making it one of the best places I have sailed.

I am pretty sure that I have sailed there too. Back in the early 1980s we used to take camping vacations in France with our two young sons. Some years we went to Eurocamp sites with pre-erected tents and I carried my Laser on the roof rack. I see Eurocamp still has a site on the north-east side of the lake and, although it's changed a lot, I think that's where we went one year. Used to give the boys (and the occasional random French girl they picked up) rides in front of the mast on the Laser, and blast around by myself at other times. Happy days!

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
where in the world

timeforlunch.jpg

david r

Anarchist
pond
Arapahoe, NC (USA) is my guess. Because of the trees and the 2014 sunfish worlds were there.

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
Arapahoe, NC (USA) is my guess. Because of the trees and the 2014 sunfish worlds were there.
The 2014 Sunfish Worlds were in Araphoe NC but this photo wasn't taken there.
So we have a guess for Connecticut and a guess for North Carolina. If you drove from one to the other you might go quite close to the mystery place.

Last edited:

Xeon

Super Anarchist
England
It's the usual dynamic. Sail what the locals sail... or sail an RS600 by yourself. The Sunfish is very popular in the area where the photo was taken.
I totally understand this argument I just don’t agree with it as you well know 😀. If I was in that position it would just mean I had more money to spend on other hobbies.
Luckily ( on this point anyway 😂) I live in England and don’t have to make that difficult choice. 😀

Latest posts