where in the world

chrishampe

Anarchist
Plymouth, UK
La Réunion?
I guess I will continue my grand tour with some more French cats, This one could be a bit more of a massive hunt though.
1664540983416.png

Yes we are somewhere on the French island of La Réunion, Réunion was one of the islands visited in the Grand Tour episode "A Massive Hunt"

Finding the club should be easy now...

chrishampe

Anarchist
Plymouth, UK
Thanks. You really had me on the wrong track with your "massive" clue. My mistake. Thanks also for another puzzle about a part of the world about which I knew absolutely nothing. Who knew that La Réunion had all those impressive road bridges and tunnels?
The new road that features in the trailer is being built because rock falls are increasing on the old road that runs alongside the cliffs between the islands two largest towns.

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
Easy one for me that, But I will leave it for someone else to have a go, only adding the clue that the blurry sign on the building above the motorboat reads "The Kings Arms"
Yeah, this one will probably be solved by someone with local knowledge rather than by a googler. Bonus points for anyone who can figure out which Aero rig this sailor is using.

Last edited:

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
It seems that there are 8,923 Kings Arms pubs/restaurants/hotels in England. The rough water would seem to indicate enough fetch that a river town would not be it.
Not a river, you say. It is often referred to as an estuary. But technically it is a drowned valley.

MiddayGun

Super Anarchist
Yorkshire
Yes we are somewhere on the French island of La Réunion, Réunion was one of the islands visited in the Grand Tour episode "A Massive Hunt"

Finding the club should be easy now...

Worked there for 1 year whist they were building the Route du Littoral.
Absolutely amazing place.

DSC_0178.JPG

Latest posts