where in the world

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
One of Guglielmo Marconi's first transmission stations was in Wimereux, France. Nice setup for dinghies there if you don't mind having to trolley them about a half mile at low tide.
You are correct.

To explain the other clues. The dude who wrote the poem Flanders Fields is buried in Wimereux. And check out the music on this video of Aeros sailing at Wimereux.

Your move @PaulK

PaulK

Super Anarchist
OK! Found one I haven't posted before:
IMG_7418.JPG

This is salt water in October, so you are seeing a High School team coming in from practice.

PaulK

Super Anarchist
Nova Scotia is cooler than this place. They probably wouldn't have a half-dozen American flags sticking out of a flower box in Nova Scotia. Unless they use them to keep track of how many sailboats the lobstermen have run into in the fog this year. To reiterate, the C420's are being sailed by a High School team. It is October, so the slips in the foreground at the busy marina/hotel/restaurant are mostly empty of their heavy contingent of powerboats. Besides hosting pleasure boaters this is also a port with frequent tug & barge movements and other commercial traffic.

tillerman

Super Anarchist
Rhode Island
Mid-Atlantic is getting warmer than North Carolina.
So when I was the Mid-Atlantic Rep for the Sunfish Class, as best as I can recall my domain included DC, VA, MD, DE, NJ and PA.
North Carolina is warmer than this spot, you say, so it is probably at the northern part of the region; there's not much difference in climate between VA and NC.

So my next guess is New Jersey.

Last edited:

Latest posts