where is is going to be?

where is the 37th Americas cup going to be held?

• New Zealand

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Cork, IR

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Malaga

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Valencia

• Barcelona

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Saudi Arabia

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

• Total voters

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
And you deleted an earlier one where you forgot Malaga.

You also deleted my post in the process, and don't seem to allow any comments now. Nice, had to give you a well earned down vote for it!
Yep, Dogwatch kindly pointed out my mistake in leaving out Malaga so I deleted and recreated it. Big deal ;)   This poll could be more fun, given that posts are enabled, although we do have topics including for Cork and Malaga with some fairly rich discussion already.

Last edited by a moderator:

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
And you deleted an earlier one where you forgot Malaga.

You also deleted my post in the process, and don't seem to allow any comments now. Nice, had to give you a well earned down vote for it!
I just don't see it in Auckland. Everything else is still somewhat on the table I think.

Varan

Super Anarchist
Someday, I sure would like to see AC75s racing in San Francisco Bay, or even the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

With Gates, Bezos, Allen..., come on Seattle, put in a bid to host at Port Townsend or Port Angeles. Stingray would like it. Heck, you might like it too and build yourselves a sailing yacht bigger, faster, cooler than anyone else's in the world. It's way cheaper than a divorce too! You can do it!!

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
Yep, Dogwatch kindly pointed out my mistake in leaving out Malaga so I deleted and recreated it. Big deal ;)   This poll could be more fun, given that posts are enabled, although we do have topics including for Cork and Malaga with some fairly rich discussion already.
Malaga just seems a punchline. Cork apparently has breeze - and is a genuine sailing venue - but not year 'round sailing.

so Auckland it is then. At least, if one were to pick a sailing regatta on the merits of sailing. or on the merits of defending. or honor. or sportsmanship. etc. lol.

idontwan2know

Super Anarchist
The venue will be picked based on who can provde Dalts the money he thinks he needs to fund the defense. I have seen a lot of pretty renderings and satellite images of where the bases could go, but only one venue with the resources to write the check.

It will be Saudi Arabia.

accnick

Super Anarchist
The venue will be picked based on who can provde Dalts the money he thinks he needs to fund the defense. I have seen a lot of pretty renderings and satellite images of where the bases could go, but only one venue with the resources to write the check.

It will be Saudi Arabia.
KSA is now throwing serious funny money at international professional golfers, particularly big PGA names, to try to lure them to their proposed new golf league. What they have supposedly offered to a couple of the big ones is more than enough to fund an AC team plus the event itself.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
KSA is now throwing serious funny money at international professional golfers, particularly big PGA names, to try to lure them to their proposed new golf league. What they have supposedly offered to a couple of the big ones is more than enough to fund an AC team plus the event itself.
Could see the PGA being a perfect fit for KSA. No pond hazards, just plenty of sand traps. And no wind! :D

floater

Super Duper Anarchist
quivira regnum
does anyone in the KSA sail? asking for a friend..

accnick

Super Anarchist
Could see the PGA being a perfect fit for KSA. No pond hazards, just plenty of sand traps. And no wind! :D
KSA wants to compete with the PGA with this new golf league. Trying to draw away big names by offering silly amounts of money. So far, there do not appear to be many takers, at least in the top echelons.