where is is going to be?

where is the 37th Americas cup going to be held?

• New Zealand

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Cork, IR

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Malaga

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Valencia

• Barcelona

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Saudi Arabia

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

• Total voters

Super Anarchist
Someday, I sure would like to see AC75s racing in San Francisco Bay, or even the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

With Gates, Bezos, Allen..., come on Seattle, put in a bid to host at Port Townsend or Port Angeles. Stingray would like it. Heck, you might like it too and build yourselves a sailing yacht bigger, faster, cooler than anyone else's in the world. It's way cheaper than a divorce too! You can do it!!
I think i'd far rather see them doing the Molokai to be honest

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
KSA wants to compete with the PGA with this new golf league. Trying to draw away big names by offering silly amounts of money. So far, there do not appear to be many takers, at least in the top echelons.
KSA wants to develop tourism. Quite a turnaround, it isn't so many years ago that you pretty much could not get in unless you had a local work sponsor or you were attending the Hadj. However as far as AC37 goes, smoke signals like AM's entry say it isn't going to be KSA.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Someday, I sure would like to see AC75s racing in San Francisco Bay, or even the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

With Gates, Bezos, Allen..., come on Seattle, put in a bid to host at Port Townsend or Port Angeles. Stingray would like it. Heck, you might like it too and build yourselves a sailing yacht bigger, faster, cooler than anyone else's in the world. It's way cheaper than a divorce too! You can do it!!
AC75 in San Francisco? Good Luck with 20 Knots of Wind in an EBB Tide. Not gonna happen and too dangerous!

See Level

Working to overcome my inner peace

Allen's definitely out.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Allen's definitely out.
His surviving sister Jody is pretty cool about maintaining Paul's various endeavors and enjoys yachting, well superyachts anyway :)

Yes, the Straits of Juan de Fuca would be brilliant but only in.. September maybe? Jody does own a remote island up there, used mostly for a summer camp for kids.

SF Bay is the ideal choice for an AC on the west coast but it'd be almost impossible to do nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwing

Super Anarchist
Bay of Islands
Ok all you NZ venue voters how are we going to make it happen?

GD comes back with his tail between his legs, begs some people for forgiveness, cobbles together an only just enough defense?

Of course none of those nasty blokes are invited just some "give a lot towards the cause" and team reduces hopes of pay-packets etc.

Come on suggestions?

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
GD comes back with his tail between his legs
No chance in hell that will happen.

You obviously don't know McDalton, the fighter.

Dalts might come back with a provisional agreement, including a possible postponement, and still leave the door open for an Auckland defence entirely on his terms. He already got a valid out of jail card in his pocket.

Meanwhile the AC40's will keep everybody busy and happy.

shebeen

Super Anarchist
Ok all you NZ venue voters how are we going to make it happen?

GD comes back with his tail between his legs, begs some people for forgiveness, cobbles together an only just enough defense?

Of course none of those nasty blokes are invited just some "give a lot towards the cause" and team reduces hopes of pay-packets etc.

Come on suggestions?
ok here's the spin.

G'day fellas, we had an incredible venue lined up, was going to take on water to the next level and brilliant infrastructure for spectators and sponsors blah blah fishpaste... But ukraine conflict increased the risk profile and the partner city couldn't commit to 2024. our backup option of Odessa on the black sea is definitely out as well.

We are in it for the sailors, so will be bringing it back to Auckland in 2024. working with local gov and leveraging our 2021 cup infrastructure with 1 additional team entered.

[behind the scenes] fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck, Matteo, call your mates up we need another $100m

Gissie

Super Anarchist
It is all bullshit that it will be held in NZ and Dalts is still in charge.

He would not be able to do the spin needed. The best would be he stays as team boss and passes the event onto someone else.

Then again, this is what was asked ages ago and he fired off more than the Ukraine has,so also unlikely. But if no other option, runs the team, bitches about the event from the sidelines, blames losing on the cunts that wouldn't give him unlimited tax funds.

Then he drifts off to his home in the UK, to never darken our shores again.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
It is all bullshit that it will be held in NZ and Dalts is still in charge.

He would not be able to do the spin needed. The best would be he stays as team boss and passes the event onto someone else.

Then again, this is what was asked ages ago and he fired off more than the Ukraine has,so also unlikely. But if no other option, runs the team, bitches about the event from the sidelines, blames losing on the cunts that wouldn't give him unlimited tax funds.

Then he drifts off to his home in the UK, to never darken our shores again.
Fuck you're a crybaby aren't ya. Just stop fucking following it you fucking moaning bitch.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
is she handling octopus? saw it in cabo last weekend. that's a big bitch when up next to it.
Saw Octopus in P Vallarta one time and yes, enormous. I chatted to one of the crew members at a bar, he was like me playing the silly pool tournament and we chatted some. He recounted how Paul sent the boat to Lake Michigan because his tennis-playing friend (I think she was Russian? She was famous at the time) was playing a big tournament in Chicago. She withdrew at the last minute due some injury and so... He never showed up and directed the boat all the way back to Seattle! Think they were refueling and resupplying there, on that return trip.

I know if Jody still has it; she did sell one of the big Allen boats (could be this one?), it had been being used to do things like locating sunken WWII Japanese ships, and other ocean research. As an aside, it was announced just now that the Seattle Seahawks (Jody still owns the team) are trading QB Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos. Shock! He's a bit of an oddball but his talent will be impossible to replace.  

Latest posts