Where to dinghy sail off-season?

It's the end of October here in the Northeast, USofA. Nothing but frostbiting on the horizon. Anyone know of some dinghy sailing holidays or training programs in warmer climates? I'm aware of the limited options in the Northern Hemisphere: Florida, Caribbean, Mexico, DR. What about Australia or New Zealand? (Or South America?)

Hey,

We sail year round here.....

If you turned up at our club we could put you in a boat every Sunday.

Sailing school in the morning, racing in the afternoon.

Dinghies, skiffs, moths.

OK through our winter every 4th Sunday or so.....

But it is spring now and almost summer.

Book your ticket to Brisbane and come down to Manly and say hello.

Darling Point Sailing Squadron.

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?assoc=10477&pID=1

There you go....

Reht

Super Anarchist
Almost everything races at some point in Florida during the winter. I think winter training in a boat for somebody who is seriously considering it often comes down to how much time and how much money have to got to spend.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
It is always time and money.

Most people are lucky to get 10 days off a year. That makes for family vaca and maybe a summer regatta.

Speng

Super Anarchist
Cincinnati, OH
You can Laser your balls off in Cabarete in the DR. There are dinghy places in Europe mostly on the Med in relatively warm places like Greece or Spain or some of the Islands.

Rantifarian

Rantifarian
Christmas is national championship time in aus and nz, the peak racing season. Charter a boat, go racing, party hard. Maybe try a new class while you are here, see if you can Jag a spot on a sharpie or something unique to this part of the world.

mikewof

mikewof
Anyone here sail in colder waters with a shorty until December? I need to test out some stuff until then and I'm not too eager to drive down to New Mexico to do it.

Reht

Super Anarchist
How cold is cold? And how wet do you expect to get while sailing? A long wetsuit is recommended if it's below 10-15°C air and water, below 5 I'd be looking for a drysuit or a winter wetsuit. Above 15 air and water for shirt periods, a shorty and a spray top is plenty.