Where to install instruments?

Thank you all,

I am concerning same thing as you advised. I already have instruments above the companion way, bulkheads won't be able to use.

Need couples more instruments or one. Maybe using a swing arm mount behind a bulkhead.

Alex W

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
Put them on the mast?

Ours are in the bulkhead because there were already pods there for them, but any extras will go on the mast. Then most of the crew can see them too.

Put them on the mast?

Ours are in the bulkhead because there were already pods there for them, but any extras will go on the mast. Then most of the crew can see them too.
Thank you, but What I want to install are MFD or Autopilot head instrument. So the mast is not ideal place....

Alex W

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
I put my autopilot head on the aft end of the cockpit, next to the engine controls. You can see it (with the Raymarine cover) in this photo:

http://photos.alexwetmore.org/Sailing/RejQuest-Express-37/i-XJCDNxs

This location has been perfect for a tiller boat, it is totally out of the way and in easy reach from the helm.

I put my MFD below and use an iPad as a repeater in the cockpit when I need to see it. If I needed to see the MFD more often it would fold out of the companionway or be just above the companionway, and I'd move instruments up to the mast.

Alex W

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
I wish I knew. It was made by Schaefer in the mid 80s and I don't think they make them anymore. I'd buy a spare if I could get one.

Latest posts