Where to list?

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
I’ll be putting my boat on the market shortly. Besides Craig’s List, any suggestions on where to list it? The boat is on the east end of Long Island.

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
Call me crazy, but I actually look at the Sailing Anarchy classified. Got a sweet deal on a Prostart mk2 there!
I’ll definitely be listing here. Just now starting to work on writing up a listing. Big unanswered question is what to a$k. 

BayRacer

Anarchist
Despite the name, sailingtexas.com has nationwide listings.  Several folks around here (upper Midwest) have had success with the site.  Think it might cut down on the noise you may get from Craig's List.

inneedofadvice

Super Anarchist
Sarnia
There are a bunch of free sites as well. Start looking for your replacement boat and check what each site offers. IMO SA is too expensive for the time, coverage and quality of the listing.  And before I get flamed, I’ve listed here 3 times with zero success. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
There are a bunch of free sites as well. Start looking for your replacement boat and check what each site offers. IMO SA is too expensive for the time, coverage and quality of the listing.  And before I get flamed, I’ve listed here 3 times with zero success. 
no flame, some people have good luck here, some don't. we don't think we're too expensive, gotta pay them bills...

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
I sold my Nelson Marek over Facebook.  It was also listed on YW through my broker (and listed here).  Anytime someone contacted me via FB I gave them my brokers contact info to make the deal.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Despite the name, sailingtexas.com has nationwide listings.  Several folks around here (upper Midwest) have had success with the site.  Think it might cut down on the noise you may get from Craig's List.
Yep, SailTexas is a good resource, also as cheesy as it sounds "sailboatlistings.com" is a good free site. Make sure you keep notes on how to log in, it's a PITA and their biggest fault lies in apparently wanting to keep old listings for bulk. Unless you want to be contacted by seekers 3 years after you've sold, make sure you can get back in to edit your ad.

Good luck

FB- Doug

Ultraman

Anarchist
Vancouver
no flame, some people have good luck here, some don't. we don't think we're too expensive, gotta pay them bills...
I've both bought and sold boats and gear using sailinganarchy classifieds and had good experiences and been satisfied.  Not really that expensive to list and you are generally dealing with experienced sailors, so very little bullsh!t.  I still buy and sell boat parts on Craigslist and list the same ads I put on sailinganarchy, but you are usually dealing with retards who never show up and low ball.

I've had poor experience with brokers on Yachtworld.   That is where most of the good listings are for proper yachts, but many brokers are not worth their fees, with a few exceptions.