which way to go?

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
From GRS's complaint. Nick enquired why and I responded by explaining that if racing takes place our score would be worsened by no fault of our own due to damage caused by another boat breaking a rule. Upon learning this Nick argued with me that the case had no merit due to our current score and the number of points at stake.

And below are the results. They didn't start Race 1, came last in Race 2, but GRS thinks their results could be worsened? Worse? How could it be worse?
Ah fuck it.  Why didn't the PC just grant them redress and award average points? 

WTF was GRS thinking when he lodged the application for redress?  I mean - what did he think he was going to achieve?

DtM

Super Anarchist
Out of the Office
GRS wanted to dazzle with his encyclopedic knowledge of the rules.  Oooops

But the bigger problem is why did he carry on with his complaint? Pathetic.

DtM

Super Anarchist
Out of the Office
GRS quote "I also feel that my professional reputation with senior local stakeholders was severely damaged; I left the hearing humiliated."

As I have said before, truly thin skinned.  Your "professional reputation" (such as it may be, judged by others) would not have been damaged at all if you hadn't taken the demonstrably stupid course that you did in seeking redress when, on any view, it first, wasn't warranted, and second, was going to get your owner in no better situation given his shit points position.

pulpit

Super Anarchist
I just read Glen Stanaway Crap from the front page. 

It's the pot calling the kettle  black and it's a case of the bully having someone stand up to them and the bully crying poor because he didn't get his own way. 

Glen shafted me a few years back to keep his rich and shameless mates happy when they were cheating in order to get their kids on a Australian Optimist team. I've seen Glen hound a child of 13 yrs old out of the sport and threaten the child with a rule 69. A child, he bullied a child. 

The only reason that Glen didn't have the child banded was the parent got sick of his bulling and threatened to sue Australian Sailing for the mental damage the Glen was doing to his child. It was only then that Glen backed off and we lost a very talented junior sailor and a parent that not only sailed, but also supported the kids as well.

I've know of many times  4 years ago when  Glen was asked to help sort out the Australian Optimist Association when the same cheating parents were openly cheating and glen just sat on his hands and did nothing other than drink red wine with them.

So Glen is unset because the bully has had someone stand up to him. 

Pulpit 

David Pullin

Glen shafted me a few years back to keep his rich and shameless mates happy when they were cheating in order to get their kids on a Australian Optimist team. I've seen Glen hound a child of 13 yrs old out of the sport and threaten the child with a rule 69. A child, he bullied a child. 
Parent's cheating to get their kids on the national Optimist team - who would have thought!!!

LB 15

Cunt
I wish people could tell the difference between volunteer and professional and understand that a YC isnt really a court of law.. 
As in a member has no right to expect procedural fairness, impartiality or protection from officials using their positions to conduct personal vendettas and spend $100k's of club funds on lawyers doing so? I am shocked!

Shocked I am!

LB 15

Cunt
Also what is it with Australia? Seems like half the stories on SA about this kind of shit, legalistic YC bitching, etchells moulds, whatever, are in Australia. You people need to calm the fuck down!

In the 80s when all the Aussie kids started showing up in the US you were a bunch of smiling charming blonde yachties who slept on your couch, drank your beer, and might have banged your girlfriend once but you’re not sure and honestly don’t really mind that much because you’re fun blokes and you can’t really blame the bitch. Now look at you, angry old fuckers trying to get each other banned from the YC.

Paradise lost.
Mate thankyou for your kind words. I am one of those angry old fuckers that has seen all enjoyment of our once fun sport destroyed by a few entitled cunts with giant porcelain egos using their positions and wealth to buy trophies and conduct vendettas against those that speak out. It is very sad.

And mate, thanks for the night on the couch and for being such a good sport about your girlfriend. :)  

Last edited by a moderator:

Fintho

Tasmania
Parent's cheating to get their kids on the national Optimist team - who would have thought!!!
I still shudder at the thought of high level/professional opti racing. I couldn't imagine anything worse than the most spoilt and arrogant kids in the world being hounded by equally awful parents to sail a bathtub with a broomstick faster than the next kid. For fucks sake, when can we get rid of this boat for anything other than learning to sail.

DtM

Super Anarchist
Out of the Office
Does anyone from AS (other than GRS) read what is posted on Anarchy?  If so, how can they just sit back and not tell GRS to get back in his box and stop bringing AS into disrepute (if it is in repute in the first place).

Does anyone from AS (other than GRS) read what is posted on Anarchy?  If so, how can they just sit back and not tell GRS to get back in his box and stop bringing AS into disrepute (if it is in repute in the first place).
Therein lies the problem, some might argue that GRS's actions are actually more reputable than other's (including former staff and directors) representing AS have been. All started to go downhill when we imported a Pom to run the show

Livia

Super Anarchist
Southern Ocean
Too funny!!!!!

Thanks to the Judge Subject Matter Experts

PUBLISHED MON 29 NOV 2021

Australian Sailing would like to thank the Judges whose contribution was essential to develop the new Judge Policy released in 2021. Thanks to their valuable collaboration, the new Judge Policy substantially facilitates accreditation for entry-level judges and improves the overall judge quality to positively benefit our sailing community.

g0yqcwlnjzn0oxpk.png

The Judge Subject Matter Experts that contributed to this project included:

• Damien Boldyrew
  • Steven Hatch
  • John Standley
  • Ben Fels
  • Nicholas Hutton
  • Murray Jones

The project involved the creation of:

• A new Policy stating the key details to accredit and reaccredit as a judge.
  • A new free of charge e-learning, to accredit as an entry-level Protest Committee Member.
  • New Practical Assessments by which:

Judge candidates can be evaluated whilst performing their role for performance feedback, accreditation or reaccreditation purposes.
  • Assessors can provide consistent evaluations and return quality feedback to candidates.

[*]New Regional and National level seminars to improve candidate experience and knowledge at courses.

[*]New Regional and National level exams to assess candidate knowledge.

Click HERE to read more about the new Judge Policy.

Australian Sailing is extremely grateful to the above Subject Matter Experts for sharing their knowledge, experience and time to make this project possible -  thank you All.

(p)Irate

Super Anarchist
Too funny!!!!!

Australian Sailing would like to thank the Judges whose contribution was essential to develop the new Judge Policy released in 2021. Thanks to their valuable collaboration, the new Judge Policy substantially facilitates accreditation for entry-level judges and improves the overall judge quality to positively benefit our sailing community.

• Damien Boldyrew
  • Steven Hatch
  • John Standley
  • Ben Fels
  • Nicholas Hutton
  • Murray Jones

• A new free of charge e-learning, to accredit as an entry-level Protest Committee Member.

Judge candidates can be evaluated whilst performing their role for performance feedback, accreditation or reaccreditation purposes.
  • Assessors can provide consistent evaluations and return quality feedback to candidates.

[*]New Regional and National level seminars to improve candidate experience and knowledge at courses.

Australian Sailing is extremely grateful to the above Subject Matter Experts for sharing their knowledge, experience and time to make this project possible -  thank you All.
And am I right in assuming that GRS would have been involved in overseeing this project?

I guess that Nick and Murray will think twice about being involved in the next review of the policy. 

Too funny!!!!!

• Damien Boldyrew
  • Steven Hatch
  • John Standley
  • Ben Fels
  • Nicholas Hutton
  • Murray Jones

You can't make this shit up!

Latest posts