Whiskey in plastic bottles.

10thTonner

Hazard to Navigation
South of Spandau
I always keep a handful of these bottle condoms on board. Cheap as dirt. The inner layer is made of blister foil, outer layer is some heavier clear foil. Pretty good protection for glass bottles, and a bit of a temperature insulation, too.
A5219E11-A008-4CCA-9600-63329ACB76D5.jpeg
E239F646-E46A-4FEB-A0EB-FBFF3696EF51.jpeg
2A5773F5-6293-4C57-A07A-0561B7F53391.jpeg

(No affiliation etc… I would crosspost this to gear anarchy, but I don’t know how.)

Last edited:

heavym210

Milwaukee
What does a glass booze bottle cost?
There may be a good business case to make booze bottles returnable.

I wish that we could do returnables, booze, wine, and beer.

As I understand the beer truck drivers were sick of bringing back returnables as it took quite a bit of time and they weren’t getting paid for what they returned. So we nixed returnables and probably make a billion pounds of beer bottles a year.

Happy

Super Anarchist
Tropical Oz
Perfectly acceptable for mass-produced shite made in factories, for consumption by people who sail boats made of frozen snot, with women made of silicon and botox.

10thTonner

Hazard to Navigation
South of Spandau
What does a glass booze bottle cost?
There may be a good business case to make booze bottles returnable.

I wish that we could do returnables, booze, wine, and beer.

As I understand the beer truck drivers were sick of bringing back returnables as it took quite a bit of time and they weren’t getting paid for what they returned. So we nixed returnables and probably make a billion pounds of beer bottles a year.
Glass returnables only work in larger quantities. Over here, returnables have a good market share for beer (of course), softdrinks, sparkling water, juice, and milk, but not for wine or booze.