Who know more about the Aeolos P30?

Hans Genthe

Dubai
We had our first double handed race. First boat home :). Start with 3 knots winds, finish with 16 knots.
https://www.aeoloscomposites.com/post/al-gaffal-modern-sailing-yacht-challenge-aeolos-p30-first-ship-home

a2e1bba5-4e5b-4107-ae00-d90ee9461197.jpg

Snowden

Super Anarchist
UK
It's an awesome result and I think has the potential to really shake up what small boat offshore sailing looks like.

Black Jack

Super Anarchist
Since it was made out of pork we could not qualify.
We had our first double handed race. First boat home :). Start with 3 knots winds, finish with 16 knots.
https://www.aeoloscomposites.com/po...ng-yacht-challenge-aeolos-p30-first-ship-home

View attachment 514198
How many were in your class, what was your competition and what were the results after corrected time was adjusted? I am having a hard time finding them. Would speak volumes about the boat and crew.

Hans Genthe

Dubai
Since it was made out of pork we could not qualify.

How many were in your class, what was your competition and what were the results after corrected time was adjusted? I am having a hard time finding them. Would speak volumes about the boat and crew.
Sorry, here in the UAE is not a lot of competition. 8 boats. But the J11S lost appr. 20min in 4h of sailing and the Seaquest 36 far more. We sailed double handed, I was crew, sometimes at the helm. The other boats were fully crewed.
The next 3 AELOPS 30 will be delivered soon and they have very good sailors at the helm. Denmark, Switzerland and England. Looking forward to the results.

Black Jack

Super Anarchist
Sorry, here in the UAE is not a lot of competition. 8 boats. But the J11S lost appr. 20min in 4h of sailing and the Seaquest 36 far more. We sailed double handed, I was crew, sometimes at the helm. The other boats were fully crewed.
The next 3 AELOPS 30 will be delivered soon and they have very good sailors at the helm. Denmark, Switzerland and England. Looking forward to the results.
This will be fun for you all. a small one design fleet among the others.

wonderbrom

Good performance at silverrudder. It was written that the autopilot failed and the helm was handled manually for the whole regatta?!

Did you stick to a 'wired' autopilot mechanism as in the early design sketches or was the blue boat delivered with a conventional pilot?

Hans Genthe

Dubai
Good performance at silverrudder. It was written that the autopilot failed and the helm was handled manually for the whole regatta?!

Did you stick to a 'wired' autopilot mechanism as in the early design sketches or was the blue boat delivered with a conventional pilot?
Thanks. Yes, sailed the race without autopilot, so no gennaker, only at the end in light airs.

The autopilot was not scope of the boatyards´work. Jan installed a NKE system and a this Jefa direct drive unit with a rod to the rudder drum.

I would prefer a smaller linear autopilot drive type LD100 with ropes to the tiller.The installation was done in 2 days and only 4 hours testing on the water, the installation was provisional.

He ill do everything in a watertight box.
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-20 um 15.19.00.png

Latest posts