Who's the smartest Republican?

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Pure IQ its probably Ted Cruz but I'm assuming the question relates more to political acumen - at which, Cruz isn't very good IMHO.

Probably Tim Scott, Joe Manchin, and Mitch McConnel are the three best republican political operatives given the situation - the former for being able to stay low but not disappear, the middle for being able to control where the money goes from inside the opposition party itself, and the latter for being able give Manchin the framework that he needs to fill his role.
The OP was relating to nothing other than perceptions of intelligence.
I'm having a hard time coming up with a name that I can call "Smart" w/o caveats galore. The most recent ones that I might have called smart are all dead as far as I can tell..... Certainly I can't identify a current sitting republican that I would consider to be "smart". There aren't many democrats or independents that I would describe that way either. I have to conclude that the republican strategy of making America stupid is working to a degree. The systematic destruction of our basic education system is a self fulfilling scheme. The less educated our teachers are, the less educated our students will be and from generation to generation it only gets worse. I'm too young to remember, but I've heard that Latin was taught in country schools as early as 4th or 5th grade, and that if you graduated from HS you had at least a basic grasp of algebra and geometry.
Now it appears that if you can type your name on a keyboard you get a diploma.
1660164889262.png

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
Was Hitler stupid? Was Stalin?
Do you all mean SAT scores or an IQ test?
I don't see how that matters much. I think The Turtle wins, he doesn't seem to even care what party holds the White House, everyone dances on his strings.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I don't see how that matters much. I think The Turtle wins, he doesn't seem to even care what party holds the White House, everyone dances on his strings.
I don't think either Stalin, nor Hitler were smart. They were both charismatic, much like Reagan, and the loser guy....
McConnell..... I don't think smart so much as manipulative. He has something on everyone, and he holds it close to his chest. Governing by fear is much different than governing by respect. Governing by respect is, I fear, a thing of the past... So to speak.
Charisma is (IMHOP) how Obama got elected. I think he's pretty smart compared with the other people I've mentioned, but he didn't win by being smart.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
There's a difference between intelligence and cunning - many people don't seem to realize that.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Charisma is (IMHOP) how Obama got elected. I think he's pretty smart compared with the other people I've mentioned, but he didn't win by being smart.
If he was smart he wouldn't have pissed away his first two years trying to be conciliatory with the R scum - he would have steamrolled them and got shit done.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Smart guy just shot himself in the foot er head.

NY AG may seek to dissolve the trump corporation​

his pleading the 5th can be used an an admission of liability under NY civil law
under NY law the AG can seek to shut down a corporation that operates 'in a persistently fraudulent or illegal manner.'"

the AG has already shuttered the trump foundation and trump university.

https://www.rawstory.com/crown-jewe...lty-for-trump-tower-and-all-his-golf-courses/

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
I recall that after Obama wine his second term a Black comedian (can’t remember who. Maybe Chris Rock ) said something along the lines of in Obama’s first term we saw his white half. In his 2nd term let the Black side out.