Why are all sailing drills books out of stock anywhere?

Josh Morrison

I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Sailing Drills Made Easy by Geoffrey Becker, or Sailing Drills by Rick White, but you can't find them anywhere. I believe the Becker book used to be published by US Sailing but is not anymore. Does anyone have any idea why?

Also, if anybody has a copy of either that you'd be interested in changing hands, let me know.

Thanks all!

Not hard to find, but a bit pricey for me... Check that "Lost Books" bookstore in Austin, maybe they'll give you a better price.

drills.png hard to

Roller Skates

Super Anarchist
North
I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Sailing Drills Made Easy by Geoffrey Becker, or Sailing Drills by Rick White, but you can't find them anywhere. I believe the Becker book used to be published by US Sailing but is not anymore. Does anyone have any idea why?

Also, if anybody has a copy of either that you'd be interested in changing hands, let me know.

Thanks all!
I figured that US Sailing was either planning to update or move to something new - so weren't going to batch out another production run. The SDME needs an update and some contributions from the college programs!

BobC

LA
that's amazing, but if you're strapped for cash Amazon has one available for only $857. It must be one hell of a book!

teamt

Not sure where you are located but a copy of Sailing Drills Made Easy is available at University of North Alabama Collier Library.  Your local library may be able to interlibrary loan it for you.

Ross

Super Anarchist
While I was a sailing director a few years ago I used to trade emails with US Sailing every year about adding updating drills, and more importantly making a water proof copy similar to the rules book, as I would go through a copy a year. It always seemed to be on their to do list, but with not much happening. They seemed interested in making a digital version so who knows if anything is actually in the works. 

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I have a copy of Rick White's book, never seen the other one. I also wrote a drill book for our program. Drills that are easier for the coach would be good.

We should put together an improved drill book. Stuff like that is what this place is FOR, right?

FB..... Doug