Why did Russia put sanctions on HRC and Hunter Biden

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Your sources have nothing to do with Paul supporting Putin in the Iraq war. McCain and Biden were wrong to vote for that war.

And warmongers continue to use their tired "you must love Putin" line. As I said, I don't think The Squad love Putin. I think some people just don't like war.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
That's nice but McCain was right about your boy, though. And your boy defended Putin's war which means he isn't antiwar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Olsonist

New Oak City
Tom, here's your boy Ron saying something about COVID, Putin and Biden. I'm not sure what it is but I'm sure you are.

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-paul-says-putin-replaced-covid-excuse-governments-failures-1685490

And in a rare moment of levity and insight, Reason quotes your boy:

"(L)obbyists for the military-industrial-complex are already 'explaining' to a very receptive Capitol Hill audience why the Ukraine crisis justifies increasing the military budget to 'counter the threats' from Russia, China, and whoever else can serve as a convenient boogeyman," wrote former congressman and libertarian icon Ron Paul, in a column remarkable for its level of free association.

https://reason.com/2022/03/18/opposing-war-with-russia-doesnt-require-excusing-putins-aggression/

Your boy using his words:

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/03/08/ron-paul-is-vladimir-putin-the-new-coronavirus/

But Tom, Ron desperately needs your money. Won't you help Ron help Ron to bring peace and prosperity to this troubled world? Give generously.

https://donations.ronpaulinstitute.org/donate-now.aspx/

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
That's nice but your boys Biden and McCain were wrong about the Iraq war and none of the distractions you've presented changes that one bit. You can say they were right all you want, but they sure won't run a campaign saying that because pretty much everyone now agrees that they fucked up and Ron Paul was right. That's why I thought until now we were done arguing about whether McCain and Biden were right to get us into that war. My actual point was this:

Ron Paul was right, and was called a tool of Putin for it, just like warmongers are doing again today to anyone who dares oppose war. Heck, even The Squad are being called tools of Putin. That was wrong then and it's wrong again now.

Olsonist

New Oak City
They're not even working for Putin quietly, obviously.

Or maybe it's more like when John McCain accused Ron Paul of working for Putin because of his opposition to the Iraq war. John later admitted he had been wrong to support that war. Not sure if he ever apologized or admitted that Ron Paul, much like The Squad, was actually anti-war, not pro-Putin.
Actually, did you get your Pauls mixed up? It's true that McCain accused your boy Rand of working for Putin back in 2017

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mccain-rand-paul-is-now-working-for-vladimir-putin-236106

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/08/rand-paul-delivers-letter-to-trump-from-putin-766743

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
The American military budget is what? $750,000,000,000.00
No, it is actually north of 1.200,000,000.00  ($ 1.2 Trillion) per year. 

Those phony figures you cited do not even include the cost of waging the Forever Wars, the funding of which were not even budgeted or paid for. It all went on the national tab for our kids to pay -

(grandkids too ??  Likely) 

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Perhaps, but not my rhetoric. Warmongers have always accused those of us who oppose their adventures of "appeasement" or being "isolationist." It's going on today on this forum again.

And yes, that's exactly what McCain said to Paul when defending the war he and Biden voted for (and Paul voted against) in Iraq in 2007. Because that's what warmongers ALWAYS say! You must hate the troops and love the enemy!

Notice where it led? Paul's still right about Iraq and McCain ultimately admitted he was wrong. Those who are soooo certain they're right today should consider it IMO.

Olsonist

New Oak City
Perhaps, but not my rhetoric. Warmongers have always accused those of us who oppose their adventures of "appeasement" or being "isolationist." It's going on today on this forum again.

And yes, that's exactly what McCain said to Paul when defending the war he and Biden voted for (and Paul voted against) in Iraq in 2007. Because that's what warmongers ALWAYS say! You must hate the troops and love the enemy!

Notice where it led? Paul's still right about Iraq and McCain ultimately admitted he was wrong. Those who are soooo certain they're right today should consider it IMO.
I could not care any less what John McCain (no hero of mine) said to or about one of the Pauls (a lower breed of timeserver simply cannot be found). I'm not a Republican. I don't support Republicans. Both Pauls and John McCain are Republicans. You support Republicans. Squaring that conundrum is your problem, not mine.

I think Ron Paul is a worthless piece of shit, from his racism, to his gold buggery, to his Fakebertarianism, to his peacefully voting for the endless war authorization, to his latter day water carrying for Putin. But he needs your money. He'll take bitcoin but he prefers gold.

https://donations.ronpaulinstitute.org/donate-now.aspx/

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
McCain was right about your boy.
No proof, no ability to defend McCain and Biden voting for the Iraq war, so...

I could not care any less what John McCain (no hero of mine) said to or about one of the Pauls
You cared enough to lie. You just don't care because there's no proof that supporting the Iraq war was foolish Putin appeasement. In fact, it was wise policy, as warmongers later admit, and as your refusal to talk about it shows again.

Olsonist

New Oak City
No proof, no ability to defend McCain and Biden voting for the Iraq war, so...

You cared enough to lie. You just don't care because there's no proof that supporting the Iraq war was foolish Putin appeasement. In fact, it was wise policy, as warmongers later admit, and as your refusal to talk about it shows again.
Bitch, you brought up the McCain thing and you couldn't even get the right Paul, not that there's any difference. And yeah, your boy Rand works for Putin, as in advances and defends the interests of said Russian as do Trump, Tulsi, Flynn, Jill Stein, Greene, ... and other treasonous Judas goats.

Don't even bring up antiwar. No one thinks you're antiwar as your whinging about Biden actually withdrawing from Afghanistan showed, as your irredentist water carrying nonsense about Putin's invasion actually shows. You showed up here in 2008 after Obama's election. Sorry but gun nut race baiting pacifists is not a viable Jeopardy category.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Why does that need a new spending bill?

The American military budget is what? $750,000,000,000.00

Surely they can spare a few thousand weapons out of inventory and still be bigger than the next 8 or 9 biggest powers combined?
As even Trump found, it's hard to move earmarked money around. Those Senators want that cash for their state.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
...and not a single member of the Republican Party or any member of the Trump family? 
It’s actually not a bad play on his part. It’s a completely meaningless gesture, but it works perfectly to continue driving a wedge between left and right in the U.S.  It’s probably the only logical move he’s made in this fucked up war of his. 

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
It’s actually not a bad play on his part. It’s a completely meaningless gesture, but it works perfectly to continue driving a wedge between left and right in the U.S.  It’s probably the only logical move he’s made in this fucked up war of his. 
I don’t know that it drives much of a wedge anymore. He lost all credibility in February. Ironically, his actions have united us more than they have divided us. A welcome change. He’s just playing the greatest hits of the previous decade. 

Olsonist

New Oak City
I don’t know that it drives much of a wedge anymore. He lost all credibility in February. Ironically, his actions have united us more than they have divided us. A welcome change. He’s just playing the greatest hits of the previous decade. 
No, I'd really like to agree with that pollyannery. I just don't. I won't say that all Republicans/conservatives are Putin supporters but a lot, most, are and they are very open about it. Fuck them. Hi Tom!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/23/republicans-view-putin-more-favorably-than-they-do-leading-democrats/

Latest posts