Why Trump Will Win in 2020

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
If you were really worried about you kids being shot at school, you'd home school.
Yeah?  That's your response?  Here's mine: Fuck you.  And if you have any children or grandchildren, hopefully they know what you are and how not to become it.
Maybe Tom means those of us who home school so he can have his precious guns don't have to pay the school portion of property taxes.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Holy shit!  Someone really drank the kool aid.

I had attended an event with all of the Democratic contenders just two days prior in exactly the same arena, and the contrast was stark. First, Trump completely filled the arena all the way up to the top. Even with every major Democratic candidate in attendance the other night, and the campaigns giving away free tickets, the Democrats did not do that. With Trump, every single person was unified around a singular goal. With the Democrats, the audience booed over candidates they didn’t like and got in literal shouting matches with each other. With Trump, there was a genuinely optimistic view of the future. With the Democrats, it was doom and gloom. With Trump, there was a genuine feeling of pride of being an American. With the Democrats, they emphasized that the country was a racist place from top to bottom.

So I guess unifying around hating Democrats and anyone who wants Trump out won her over.  Ah, such unity!  Come one, come all!  This is a golden opportunity to hate more than half the country! 

That article was really lame.  Maybe it originated at 22 Kirova Street in Khimki.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Trump will win in 2020 because all of the cucks have been overwhelmed by the virility of Involuntary Celibates who don’t hate anyone at all. 

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Of course you would say that. Calmly listing all the well documented FACTS that the Republican Party has done to harm me, my family, and my well-being and my future, that's "conditioning" to you?

Sorry, go peddle that hokum elsewhere.

- DSK
No - calmly listing facts would warrant you a considerate response.  The hateful screed you use to project and assign positions to everyone who says something that's not in total compliance with your idea of how things should be is why I say that.  Read up thread - you know what I mean. 
Yeah?

Pointing out the gutting of the EPA, for example the recent redefining of "waters of the USA" to weaken the Clean Air & Water Act, is a "hateful screed?" Just one example out of dozens.

- DSK

El Borracho

Verified User
Pacific Rim
So like, "The reason Trump will win in 2020 is because Tom is afraid someone will take his guns?"
Likely true. What the shortsighted dupes don’t see coming is the authoritarian state will eventually take their guns away. And quite successfully at that. The talk freedom and rights, but only as part of the sales pitch. 

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Doesn't it stink to know that you still have to tolerate the existence of people w/differing opinions, no matter how much you hate them, no matter how often you wrongly project your fears and prejudices as their positions, that no matter what, there's NOTHING you can do about us being here.  Gotta be tough to be you. 
Hmm..... and somehow it's me and some others who are full of hate?

Calm down, it's OK, we understand that after the next election you can start stoking up those ovens and then you can start DOING SOMETHING about all those people who "hate" you and don't listen to your opinions........

- DSK

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
If you were really worried about you kids being shot at school, you'd home school.
Yeah?  That's your response?  Here's mine: Fuck you.  And if you have any children or grandchildren, hopefully they know what you are and how not to become it.
Become a person who can see that gun confiscation programs have between 0 and 30 percent compliance rates and are thus an unreliable way to save lives by preventing gun access? I don't see anything wrong with knowing that prohibition programs don't work and making another plan if there's a serious problem.

Mid

Blues Rule
About 300 Oracle employees walked off the job on Thursday to protest founder and executive chairman Larry Ellison's decision to hold a fundraiser for President Donald Trump the previous evening, Bloomberg reports. It was a rare sign of dissent for a company known for its stodgy corporate culture. But the circumstances of the small-scale protest also suggest that Ellison has less reason to worry about future employee revolts than some of his fellow tech moguls.

"The protest, called No Ethics/No Work, involved about 300 employees walking out of their offices or stopping work at remote locations at noon local time and devoting the rest of the day to volunteering or civic engagement," Bloomberg reports. Bloomberg's source asked not to be named for fear of retaliation.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/02/report-300-oracle-employees-walk-out-over-ceos-trump-fundraiser/?amp=1

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
Well too bad; they will get sacked. If Larry cared about widespread public approval of his personal life he would have conducted himself differently the last 63 years.

Larry didn't even have to wait a few hours before getting his government quid pro quo for supporting an end to rule of law and the Constitution, this time in the form of his Java case

https://www.axios.com/trump-administration-backs-oracle-in-google-fight-b23f0583-2dad-457a-be78-69c2e2e993cd.html

Yeah people can support who they want. But other people can choose not to support those people. It's still a free country, kinda. 

Now Donny is also messing with NY used car exporters

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/20/nyregion/car-exports-new-york-trump.html

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
I'm surprised the Java case has dragged out so long. But Oracle is very litigious. Java only exists as a GPL lawsuit against Oracle's customers, small and large.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
I'm surprised the Java case has dragged out so long. But Oracle is very litigious. Java only exists as a GPL lawsuit against Oracle's customers, small and large.
Larry expects to collect $9b or so if O wins. Oh yes, and to change open source landscape,  of course, collateral damage. 

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Well, 28% of that. I remember a story about Ellison at Big Boat back in the day when he raced maxis. He was in the room before the race even started, protesting conditions and rules. Not that Larry Page is a stranger to the court room either. He was deposed in the Uber Waymo lawsuit and handled it very smoothly. But regardless of the merits of the case, it was settled for $245M, Anthony Levandowski pulled dick move after dick move. That was a shame, because he was epically talented. Street View was brilliant.

Trouble is that who wants to work with Anthony Levandowski now? He went a little funny in the head:

https://www.wired.com/story/god-is-a-bot-and-anthony-levandowski-is-his-messenger/

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Trumps not going to win with a pandemic going on and 700 point down days in the Dow.  Not to mention that the yield curve just inverted for the 3rd time since the fall of 2019.  That’s a hard sign of a recession.  Hopefully it manifests by May.

Dog

Super Anarchist
Trumps not going to win with a pandemic going on and 700 point down days in the Dow.  Not to mention that the yield curve just inverted for the 3rd time since the fall of 2019.  That’s a hard sign of a recession.  Hopefully it manifests by May.
So Republicans right when they claim Democrats are hoping for a recession?

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
So Republicans right when they claim Democrats are hoping for a recession?
Dont know about everyone else but they’re right about me at least wrt timing.  Hoping or not hoping is kind of silly though, recessions are inevitable.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
Trump probably has people around him that are smart and stupid enough to multiply deficit spending to hold that off until November.