Why Trump Will Win in 2020

Ishmael

Granfallooner
Fuctifino
I pray that they use that escape hatch, as I don't think Trump has any intention of going away quietly in defeat. I also fully expect that his erratic and dangerous behavior will continue to ramp up as the time to the election shortens and his poll numbers continue to show his chances in Nov. as hopeless. 
The only reason Cheetolini would step down in favour of Pence is to be pardoned. If it looks like he's losing, that's the only way out (short of a coup) for him.

BeSafe

Super Anarchist
I pray that they use that escape hatch, as I don't think Trump has any intention of going away quietly in defeat. I also fully expect that his erratic and dangerous behavior will continue to ramp up as the time to the election shortens and his poll numbers continue to show his chances in Nov. as hopeless. 
At this point, I agree.  He's doubled down so many times that it seems hard to imagine him backing out.

This 'strongman' rhetoric only plays well in Trump's head.  Its fine to talk about 'They'll hear you!" when 'they" are some nebulous group in Afghanistan.  The GOP loves to wrap themselves in the flag.  But when "They" are Houston or Columbus or Atlanta?   That's a whole different story.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
Yeah, I hear you. I was more in the "this is going to be a dumpster fire" but I vastly underestimated how badly Trump could destroy American institutions. @Burning Manchimed in yesterday and basically doubled down on the stupid, I think he was actually calling for an armed insurrection. In a little bit of fairness to him, if Trump is able to do this in 3 years, and all would say he's basically incompetent, our ideals of a resilient system are a bit of a fiction.
It just shows how thin the veneer was of all those Ideals like democracy, rule of law, the supremacy of the Constitution, etc. were.  Never thought I would live to see the unraveling of this 200+ year experiment.  I truly fear that my children and grandchildren will spend their lives in an authoritarian state with the trappings of democracy.

slatfatf

Super Anarchist
Yeah, I hear you. I was more in the "this is going to be a dumpster fire" but I vastly underestimated how badly Trump could destroy American institutions. @Burning Manchimed in yesterday and basically doubled down on the stupid, I think he was actually calling for an armed insurrection. In a little bit of fairness to him, if Trump is able to do this in 3 years, and all would say he's basically incompetent, our ideals of a resilient system are a bit of a fiction.
When I was last (also the first time) actively involved in elections professionally was in the 2008 election cycle, and at the time I commented that our system by all accounts should fail regularly. That despite it appearing to be impossible, it keeps chugging along anyway, and for some reason I could not understand, it was resilient enough to withstand the gross incompetence it is regularly subjected to. I guess that reason that was not understood by me was just blind luck, like rolling snake eyes 44 consecutive times. You just start to think the dice must be loaded and drop your guard.

I am looking at property in Mira Flores just in case. That would be deeply ironic since I would need my wife to sponsor me, and most of our marriage we have had folks wrongly assume that is how she became a citizen here. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
It just shows how thin the veneer was of all those Ideals like democracy, rule of law, the supremacy of the Constitution, etc. were.  Never thought I would live to see the unraveling of this 200+ year experiment.  I truly fear that my children and grandchildren will spend their lives in an authoritarian state with the trappings of democracy.
Mine will not

- DSK

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
If anyone thinks Trump is done tearing down America to save his ass, just wait.  This guy has no off button.  He knows the Republicans are his shield so expect him to blast away at the US Constitution and everything this country has stood for since its inception.

How many mail in votes will be "lost"?

How many governors will do nothing to enable vote by mail?

How many polling places will be closed in largely Democrat areas?

And it's going to be tough to stop them.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
If my old churches are any indication, then Trump is starting to lose the Evangelical vote. I don't think there is even a 5% chance that he wins an election again. I am no longer as confident he does not try and pull off a coup. 
I am confident that a coup won't happen in the USA.

Even as fucked up as things are now it won't happen - you think these are riots? The White House would be burned again - with the shitstain inside.