why?

Matagi

Ambassador of the Republic of R'lyeh
I am so sickened by this. It is unspeakable.

My heart goes out to Rachel Holick, I hope she finds the strength and gets the help to get through this - whatever this means, I cannot even imagine.

I hope at least one of those who did this to her sees this.

If you do, know this: the only way to get at least a tiny bit of redemption back in life is to turn yourself in, name the others and take responsibility. 

Otherwise: I hope you never, never find peace.

Rum Runner

Rum Runner
Illinois
One more story about a bunch of privileged assholes who think they can get away with anything. I hope the team involved's name is revealed and they spend a lot of time in jail. I am sure the school is a high profile institution that needs to come down a few dozen notches.  

To the woman who posted this - thank you for being so brave. 

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
I hope they have been named to law enforcement. They should have no place in free society, let alone in sailing. Sick bastards. 

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
One more story about a bunch of privileged assholes who think they can get away with anything. I hope the team involved's name is revealed and they spend a lot of time in jail. I am sure the school is a high profile institution that needs to come down a few dozen notches.  

To the woman who posted this - thank you for being so brave. 
The team should be banned from sailing until the last current member dies of old age.

Monkey

Super Anarchist
That story made me absolutely sick. First and foremost, I hope she’s able to cope and recover from this. Second, I hope those piles of shit get everything awful they deserve. 

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
The police will have to gather witness testimony that is rock solid before they can go after the aholes who did this. Hopefully she went straight to law enforcement and got some DNA samples collected by police medics technicians as evidence to prove their guilt. One little bitch will snitch on the others and they will go down. 

I’d also like to think that since Rachael is strong enough to come forward on social media that she will be a force to recon with in the future. She’s probably a hell of a sailor to boot!

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Btw, where is the great US Failing statement on this? If they've said anything, let me know. They quit sending us anything a decade ago.

ICSA - you got anything else besides this weak shit?? How about the school that knows their guys did it? Crickets?

icsa statement.jpg

LB 15

Cunt
That is one brave young lady. These arseholes obviously would have done this before and I hope one of their previous victims comes forward to collaborate with her. If the law can not deal with them then how about a little vigilante action from the sailing community. Like bastardizing them with a 12 inch dildo until they bleed out.

Who runs collage sailing in the US? US Sailing? Surly they must take action?

Edit- Just saw Scots post. Issuing a statement - yeah that will show them. 

Last edited by a moderator:

HypnoToad

Anarchist
I've watched enough crime shows to know that punks that do this sort of sadistic act don't just come to it all at once. They build up to it step by step. Hopefully, there will be more victims to be brave enough to come forward when they round up these douchebags. 

dave-j

I have a daughter not much older than this young woman and we have had many discussions about college based sexual assault.  What is alleged here goes way beyond what would get most accused guys thrown out of school.  This, as described, is a serious crime.  I hope she went directly to the cops, got swabbed and interviewed while the incident was still fresh.  Those actions dramatically increase the chances that the offender or offenders will pay in a very serious way.

However, I can't see where ICSA has any involvement here except to potentially ban future participation by a team if the allegations are proven.  Their statement was, indeed, lame.  A more appropriate message would have been about an investigation and serious potential ramifications if proven to be true.

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Evidence, DNA, witness testimony and possibly surveillance video or these guys videoing the act are what will make or break the case when arrests and indictments come. This doesn’t sound like the Duke Dupe.

PeterHuston

Super Anarchist
There's a very small pool of easily identified suspects, and their coaches.

It will be the coaches that eventually bring the rapists to justice.  If they don't, all of the schools in the college nationals will be suspected of running programs that allow gang rape.  

Guys who would be involved in a gang rape are clearly not very bright, and one of them won't keep their mouth shut.  Ultimately, they are all weak pieces of shit, and one, or more, of them will break down and after a couple of beers probably brag about it.

I hear all your outrage.  I deal with this everyday and have for nearly two decades.

PLEASE,  be less angry and more supportive of the young lady to encourage others to speak out (and for her own well being).

The path to justice it truth.  Help break the silence.