Will Smith gives Chris Rock a Black Eye

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Mate, he already has enough money to not GAF.

Entitled bastards. 
If he is so rich he doesn’t need more, then same question. How much does his reputation cost. What does Phizer have to pay him to smack Chris Rock over a joke?

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
I've watched it a number of times and it almost looks like Will has a smile on his face as he walks away. Also looks like Chris was sticking his jaw out leading up to it. I tend to agree it was staged. 
It sure seems weird. But when you think about the ratings for the Oscars' over the last 10 years, what a great way to try and get move viewers for next year. We'll see how the Academy handles the whole thing............................nada nada nada 

I hate listening to the snowflakes.     I watch the awards shows just to see how the hoes are dressed...................or is it undressed.

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
I've watched it a number of times and it almost looks like Will has a smile on his face as he walks away. Also looks like Chris was sticking his jaw out leading up to it. I tend to agree it was staged. 
Good eye.  And just a moment later... 

FO6iRJgXIAE59Fu.jpg

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
I have seen that 100 times, and on Tuesday it looked like that was the case.  Now on Thursday, after stupid apology and Chris doing his first set and Chris saying it activated his PTSD from being bullied as a child and Chris not really talking about it and Chris not being an Iconic action star that makes 20mm/movie and Chris actually apologizing to Wanda for wrecking her show and and and...  Will Smith screwed the pooch on this one...  Any good will that was there is gone.  And his latest movies have kind of sucked so.....  

Fuck Will Smith..  

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
I have seen that 100 times, and on Tuesday it looked like that was the case.  Now on Thursday, after stupid apology and Chris doing his first set and Chris saying it activated his PTSD from being bullied as a child and Chris not really talking about it and Chris not being an Iconic action star that makes 20mm/movie and Chris actually apologizing to Wanda for wrecking her show and and and...  Will Smith screwed the pooch on this one...  Any good will that was there is gone.  And his latest movies have kind of sucked so.....  

Fuck Will Smith..  
And this hurts a bit BTW, I am the demographic that grew up with both of em...  It is almost as if Tom Hanks smacked Mr rogers...  

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
I can't help but observe...........pro hockey fights are common, pro basketball fights are common, pro football fights are not unheard of.........no-one batts an eye, in fact it always makes the sports segment on the news. Smith slaps Rock and everybody is horrified. I get that the setting is different but is the act all that different? Yet we accept the fights in sports and are horrified when they are wearing tuxes. We've accepted sports fights....why?....when I played in high school, if we got into a fight during a game that person would ride the bench the following week. It simply wasn't okay.....sportsmanship and all that. 

I'm not approving of the act, I just find the incongruent logic of when violent behavior is way as..............odd.

mikewof

mikewof
I can't help but observe...........pro hockey fights are common, pro basketball fights are common, pro football fights are not unheard of.........no-one batts an eye, in fact it always makes the sports segment on the news. Smith slaps Rock and everybody is horrified. I get that the setting is different but is the act all that different? Yet we accept the fights in sports and are horrified when they are wearing tuxes. We've accepted sports fights....why?....when I played in high school, if we got into a fight during a game that person would ride the bench the following week. It simply wasn't okay.....sportsmanship and all that. 

I'm not approving of the act, I just find the incongruent logic of when violent behavior is way as..............odd.
Good point! I thought it might have something to do with women being on the "playing surface." But turns out, nope! "You ain't gettin' none after the game." (!!) And the teabag at 43 seconds!!!! These ladies are worse than the men!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit

Mitch Albom is a prolific sports writer in Detroit with at least two best selling novels.  My favorite column of his was his description of taking John Salley (bad boy Piston) to a Red Wings game in the 1990 timeframe.  Salley knew nothing about hockey.  A fight breaks out and when over, Salley asks Albom, what kind of suspension are they looking at, 5 minutes.  Shit, I gotta tell Ricky (Mahorn, shit brick house) about this.  I don't remember all of the article but it was Hilarios.  NHL still only has decent fights.

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
9 hours ago, mikewof said:

Good point! I thought it might have something to do with women being on the "playing surface." But turns out, nope! "You ain't gettin' none after the game." (!!) And the teabag at 43 seconds!!!! These ladies are worse than the men!

I had no idea such a thing as the LFL existed.  Guessing "wardrobe malfunctions" are not uncommon.

Captain Ketamine

Anarchist
Perth WA
If a comedian is going to take the piss out of someone, and doesn’t expect to get the shit kicked out him/her/whatever on occasion, then they are probably in the wrong business, even in the facile land of make believe. Life imitating art imitating life. Who really gives a shit.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Mitch Albom is a prolific sports writer in Detroit with at least two best selling novels.  My favorite column of his was his description of taking John Salley (bad boy Piston) to a Red Wings game in the 1990 timeframe.  Salley knew nothing about hockey.  A fight breaks out and when over, Salley asks Albom, what kind of suspension are they looking at, 5 minutes.  Shit, I gotta tell Ricky (Mahorn, shit brick house) about this.  I don't remember all of the article but it was Hilarios.  NHL still only has decent fights.
I used to love his columns. Until I heard his radio show. What a self righteous ass. He would take a story, complain about how the media was making money off of Xs persons pain, and then take calls and talk about it for 2 hours. 

Not to mention he started making up shit and putting it in the paper. He got into a bit of trouble for that. 

Latest posts