Will the Coronavirus bring down Trump?

G

Things are escalating in China and the WHO will probably declare a health emergency tomorrow.  A pandemic in our streets would certainly not help his re-election chances.  On the plus side maybe the Chinese have genetically engineered this  this to only take out Trump and the entire GOP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-quarantines-wuhan-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/ar-BBZeaAl
I think @Sol Rosenberg needs to re-implement his ebola awareness & prevention campaign here for PA.  It was 100% effective last time, so should work with this bug too.   ;)

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Pun Slinger said:
Dems will soot themselves in the foot again when they try to block travel restrictions from China. 
I think I just soot myself. What?

And somehow Dems are going to try to "block" China's travel restrictions? Why would anyone in the US want to "Block" Chinese travel restrictions? You make no sense.

This ESL thing has you in it's grip. Fucking Trump-licker. Go back to Serbia.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Pun Slinger said:
Dems will soot themselves in the foot again when they try to block travel restrictions from China. 
Damn.  They are gonna have soot on their feet??

73E8E81D-0940-468B-BE8C-EF3BD4C7A1B4.jpeg

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
I think @Sol Rosenberg needs to re-implement his ebola awareness & prevention campaign here for PA.  It was 100% effective last time, so should work with this bug too.   ;)
Fear campaigns are only used when democRATS are in power because they hate us and can’t keep us safe. Please make a note of it. 

If need be we can get the old Ebola Protection thread up and running again. It’s still the greatest public service thread of all time. 

BeSafe

Super Anarchist
Crisis usually helps the incumbent look presidential and, in this case, validates xenophobes and 'build the wall". 

I don't think this will hurt Trump at all.  In fact, it's right into his sweet spot.  It'll only hurt him if he downplays the response which, given the impeachment , seems unlikely. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
Things are escalating in China and the WHO will probably declare a health emergency tomorrow.  A pandemic in our streets would certainly not help his re-election chances.  On the plus side maybe the Chinese have genetically engineered this  this to only take out Trump and the entire GOP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-quarantines-wuhan-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/ar-BBZeaAl
Time for Trump to head over to China and save their country.  He's the perfect savior.  Smart, knowledgeable and has a really good brain.  He can figure this out better than anyone.   We Americans care about our Chinese compatriots so we will agree to loan you Trump until the plague ends.  Keep him for as long as you need.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Crisis usually helps the incumbent look presidential and, in this case, validates xenophobes and 'build the wall". 

I don't think this will hurt Trump at all.  In fact, it's right into his sweet spot.  It'll only hurt him if he downplays the response which, given the impeachment , seems unlikely. 
You might want to reconsider.

Al Jazeera English

@AJEnglish

“Nobody’s come to manage this.”

This video allegedly shows dead bodies lying in hospital aisles in Wuhan Red Cross Hospital, the city where the #coronavirus originated.

The virus has killed 26 people and infected at least 830 https://aje.io/vv953 

7:32 AM - Jan 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,279 people are talking about this

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
I think I just soot myself. What?

And somehow Dems are going to try to "block" China's travel restrictions? Why would anyone in the US want to "Block" Chinese travel restrictions? You make no sense.

This ESL thing has you in it's grip. Fucking Trump-licker. Go back to Serbia.
Let's  pitch in and get  fuckstick a plane ticket to China   

Movable Ballast

Anarchist
San Diego
You might want to reconsider.

Al Jazeera English

@AJEnglish

“Nobody’s come to manage this.”

This video allegedly shows dead bodies lying in hospital aisles in Wuhan Red Cross Hospital, the city where the #coronavirus originated.

The virus has killed 26 people and infected at least 830 https://aje.io/vv953 

7:32 AM - Jan 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,279 people are talking about this

That's Horrible for the Chinese people. Hope they get it under control soon. 

BeSafe

Super Anarchist
That's Horrible for the Chinese people. Hope they get it under control soon. 
Absolutely agreed.  I hope they're able to contain the worse of the impact.

But to Bad Lat, I don't see how this 'brings down Trump'.  This may bring down Xe.  But it still seems to me to validate Trump's xenophobia, China bashing, and anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Last edited by a moderator:

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Absolutely agreed.  I hope they're able to contain the worse of the impact.

But to Bad Lat, I don't see how this 'brings down Trump'.  This may bring down Xe.  But it still seems to me to validate Trump's xenophobia, China bashing, and anti-immigrant rhetoric.
It very well may not bring down Trump, but all bets are off if it spreads here. It may give people the material to bash Trump's cuts to Medicare, his inability to show any health care plan for the future, and, most of all, his failure to contain a problem as potentially significant as this one could deliver.