Will the USN go back to Subic with a Marcos in power in Manila, or is that just a scurrilous rumor?

El Borracho

Verified User
Pacific Rim
The only thing Marcos said was that the US can have Subic in an emergency. Of course in an emergency the US will take whatever they want. The huge natural harbor is still there. But the base has been redeveloped into a gated safe-for-whitey free port (pathetic) boondoggle. Although the thought-provoking nightlife remains nearby.

I doubt any Asian country wants any actual Navy presence on their soil. Protection, yes, but Navy people, no. No good can come of that (aside from payments to politicians and cronies).

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
I sailed with a couple Philippine families living in the US once. It was interesting. The young moms with kids thought they were stringing me along, I just wanted to give an experience to the wide eyed kids looking dreamily at the single boat tied to an empty public dock.

They were pro Trump, like they thought they were white or something. They were pro Japan and believed Japan only invaded because the US was occupying them. Yes, I know the US bases were between Japan and oil. Even if we ignore the tender affection shown by the Japanese soldiers, their version was an extreme oversimplification. They were young, I believe the only experience of their parents’ generation was drunk US servicemen and Japanese businessmen. If their views reflect their relatives back home, it’s safe to say the US will not be welcome unless China takes over and screws up.

The decision of the US to occupy the Philippines after seizing it from Spain, while US politicians actually declared they were unworthy of eventual statehood due to their race, made the US residents’ decision to embrace Republican ideology surprising to me. It seems Slavs, Asians and even partial Hispanics are sometimes granted ‘almost white’ status by Trump’s ilk when they need votes.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
This seems like the talk these days in the Pacific.
Best for the US to leave , US history in the Philippines is very bad

CEBC795F-DC37-4FEF-A4B2-E3F52772F3FC.jpeg

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I sailed with a couple Philippine families living in the US once. It was interesting. The young moms with kids thought they were stringing me along, I just wanted to give an experience to the wide eyed kids looking dreamily at the single boat tied to an empty public dock.

They were pro Trump, like they thought they were white or something. They were pro Japan and believed Japan only invaded because the US was occupying them. Yes, I know the US bases were between Japan and oil. Even if we ignore the tender affection shown by the Japanese soldiers, their version was an extreme oversimplification. They were young, I believe the only experience of their parents’ generation was drunk US servicemen and Japanese businessmen. If their views reflect their relatives back home, it’s safe to say the US will not be welcome unless China takes over and screws up.

The decision of the US to occupy the Philippines after seizing it from Spain, while US politicians actually declared they were unworthy of eventual statehood due to their race, made the US residents’ decision to embrace Republican ideology surprising to me. It seems Slavs, Asians and even partial Hispanics are sometimes granted ‘almost white’ status by Trump’s ilk when they need votes.

Sounds like working white people in the South

spankoka

Super Anarchist
I think it will happen in a de-facto way. A port call here and there at first, before you know it-a carrier group will be home-ported at Subic. The jetties and airport are all still there, doing mostly nothing. SBYC is a beautiful facility.

slug zitski

Super Anarchist
worldwide
if you say so.
“Uganda has been a reliable partner for the United States in promoting stability in the Horn and East/Central Africa and in combatting terror, particularly through its contribution to the African Union Mission in Somalia.”

recently the US ambassador to the United Nations addressed the Ugandan parliament and business leaders

she informed them that if they continue to purchase cheap Russian oil they will face sanctions and retaliation

in Uganda 90 percent of its citizens live below the poverty line and only 30 percent have access to utilities

667D1A6E-7209-4381-8130-9F60A598AF67.png

0DDD670E-DD1A-41F0-8C79-C35775850BA2.png

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
choices, choices, we all have to make choices. You can choose to live in Russia. Not sure why you don't. Oh yeah, cause that would suck, so you live in the US and get to speak openly about stuff you care about.

Latest posts