Winter gloves for the single hander

Sooke, BC
I sail year-round in the PNW and it can sometimes get a bit chilly, with wonderful combinations of freezing temperatures and driving rain. I've struggled to find a glove that offers the warmth and waterproofing needed, but still gives me enough dexterity to handle lines and do all the other fun stuff single-handing requires. It looks like the Gill neoprene winter gloves come well reviewed in general for what I am looking for, but I noticed Mustang (who normally make gear well suited to this part of the world) have some long-finger gloves, EP3250 glove. Anyone got any actual experience of the Mustang gloves, or can offer any other suggestions? I'd also considered sniper-style mittens where the mitten bit folds back but they seem to be pretty hard to find in a waterproof format.

Alex W

Super Anarchist
Seattle, WA
I Use Ninja Ice gloves made by a company called Memphis something or another. These are a fleece, neoprene, nitrile glove that are cheap (under $10/pair) and warm.  They have tons of grip and are warm. They do eventually wet through, but are cheap enough to carry two or three pairs. They are a little bulky for tying knots, but good for trimming, mast stuff, and driving. 

I keep loaner pairs on my boat because they are so affordable.  If you are doing RtC next weekend I can loan you a pair to try out. 

I haven't tried the Mustang gloves, but I've had poor luck with the Gill and HL winter neoprene gloves. They just feel cold to me and wet through faster. 

Autonomous

Super Anarchist
PNW
I Use Ninja Ice gloves made by a company called Memphis something or another. These are a fleece, neoprene, nitrile glove that are cheap (under $10/pair) and warm.  They have tons of grip and are warm. They do eventually wet through, but are cheap enough to carry two or three pairs. They are a little bulky for tying knots, but good for trimming, mast stuff, and driving. 

I keep loaner pairs on my boat because they are so affordable.  If you are doing RtC next weekend I can loan you a pair to try out. 

I haven't tried the Mustang gloves, but I've had poor luck with the Gill and HL winter neoprene gloves. They just feel cold to me and wet through faster. 
Thanks for the tip. I have a couple pair on order.