winter slip wanted near Branford, CT

DEAD MONEY

Super Anarchist
Hmmmm "price is great" ?? Check out Sylvan Point, Pier 66 (now Brewer's), and GoodSell Point. If your looking for the cheapest alternative invest in a trailer and bring it home, it will be the best ROI, hell your only 25' and you can drop the mast with 2 or 3 friends.

Check oout "Dutch wharf" in Branford. They have in-water storage. www.dutchwharf.com
Thanks. My boat is on the hard here at Dutch Wharf, and they cannot let me in until after they pull most of the boats for the winter - no space available due to all the transient activity. Too bad, because it's a great yard and would have been easiest to stay put.

Hmmmm "price is great" ?? Check out Sylvan Point, Pier 66 (now Brewer's), and GoodSell Point. If your looking for the cheapest alternative invest in a trailer and bring it home, it will be the best ROI, hell your only 25' and you can drop the mast with 2 or 3 friends.

BINGO!

I have plans to finalize a deal for a slip at Sylvan Point for the winter. I was holding off on this path because I wanted a contract that began October 1. But I cannot find anyone who has a seasonal opening that early. In fact, I had to agree to a November 1 start date at Sylvan Point, which leaves me with a need to either postpone my splash date or find temporary arrangements for October.

Anyone have a slip (or mooring) they would rent me for a month?

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy a used trailer and park in on the hard somewhere?
Hey BB,

I've thought about that seriously, and someone replied to my ad with an offer to sell me a trailer ($1200). Here are my reasons for not going that way

1 - boat is 9 feet wide, 6 inches wider than legally towable. For short distances, who cares, but it makes the trailer as an accessory a lot less useful, IMO.

2 - I'm a renter; keeping it in my backyard won't be permitted.

3 - It's been on the hard since last fall, and I have been working on it since mid July. I'm itching to sail, and I don't mind a mid season hiatus when all I can do is chip off the ice.

My next boat will either be small enough to tow well, and legally, such as an Olson 30 or Hobie 33, OR it will be big enough so that this discussion isn't relevant.

Thanks for the input!

Latest posts