Would Larger Rudder Foils Prevented ETNZ's Almost Capsize?

Yes, rudder foils extending beyond the beam would undoubtably have prevented it.

They also would have prevented ETNZ still having to pay rent and salaries, because they would have been disqualified months ago.

Cement_Shoes

Super Anarchist
A to Z
I don't think it was an issue with either the rudders not providing enough bite in turning or a problem with them providing too little or too much vertical lift.

My understanding is the team suffered from the unforeseen consequences of diverting grinding power to the pie-warmer alternator. This was the reason the wing didn't pop.

Ps: I think I've discovered component-X.

Nutta

Super Anarchist
Auckland, NZ
stored hydraulic power (still provided by humanz, but into an accumulator)
Today's lesson by ETNZ shows the way for future power generation on the boat. Methane powered afterburners.

1) Crew provide #2's (best produced by a startling event, say, pretending to roll an AC72)

2) Convert to methane.

3) Ignite via "pie warmers" to produce thrust.

It's still stored power, provided by humans...

Today it failed to ignite. If it had, we would have finished in first place 19mins before OR...

Last edited by a moderator:

George Dewey

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
So today we learned ENTZ kryptonite - crash tacks or crash gybes! They apparently need a good bit of time to charge their hydro so they can move the wing. I wonder if OTUSA can do it faster. Maybe this little tidbit could be a tactical advantage in an upcoming race.

Sailbydate

Super Anarchist
Kohimarama
So today we learned ENTZ kryptonite - crash tacks or crash gybes! They apparently need a good bit of time to charge their hydro so they can move the wing. I wonder if OTUSA can do it faster. Maybe this little tidbit could be a tactical advantage in an upcoming race.
If OTUSA can keep it close - yes.

Latest posts