Wow, the new Handtugger Tri

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
2 minutes ago, Airwick said:

Not to everyone's taste but seriously huge inside and it actually sails pretty well!

I would guess the Neel has 1/2 the displacement for the waterline. that black eyesore will never look like that. The L:B ration for those hulls, what, 8:1?  The black thing, maybe 3.5:1?  Lagoon chartermaran territory. 

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Only the 4th time this has been mentioned, I can only imagine how many times whomever is on board will receive similar comments..
 By whomever, I suppose you mean these gentlemen?

They're sorting out the final details of the build at the moment.

7C5DC217-E9FA-42A1-A860-C3B7CFC69257.jpeg

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
I met Adam West in the late 80’s while doing some acting in NYC. On and off set he was the same, just like Batman at all times. 

Last edited by a moderator:

kinardly

Super Anarchist
But I think a narcissist would want something he designed and that nobody else could have; build another one of these things and suddenly I don't want mine anymore.

He also would think he's better at designing stuff than the designers.
Not all the insanely rich are flagrant narcissists. Thinking of Warren Buffet, maybe Bill Gates, etc. Those that are self made tend to view their achievements as an end in their selves, not as a chance to show off their wealth. I'm betting this cat inherited or got lucky buying Tesla and Facebook early on.

SailingTips.Ca

Feigns Knowledge
Victoria, BC
...it's basically a barge...
From the FAQ:

"The boat is 64 feet (19.5m) long and has a beam of 31 feet (9.5m). It weighs 40 tons."

I can't imagine anything out there with these dimensions that is not literally a barge!

I bet it's a gag - yacht designer wants to make a mockery of the rich bully who teased him in school...

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
From the FAQ:

"The boat is 64 feet (19.5m) long and has a beam of 31 feet (9.5m). It weighs 40 tons."

I can't imagine anything out there with these dimensions that is not literally a barge!

I bet it's a gag - yacht designer wants to make a mockery of the rich bully who teased him in school...
Yep, literally twice the displacement of the Neel 65. And before y'all start bitching about design weight, if the Neel is over, so is the humpdigger.

Airwick

Victoria, BC
Yep, literally twice the displacement of the Neel 65. And before y'all start bitching about design weight, if the Neel is over, so is the humpdigger.
Hard to believe it's "only" 64ft long, it looks bigger than that because of the bulk! It also looks like it's floating low even though it's hard to tell where the waterline was supposed to be... Wonder if they included the piano and hot tub in the "40 tons"!

The Neel looks super slick in comparison (even with the "upstairs" and raised boom), it even seems to be floating high from all the visible bottom paint:

NEEL-65-EVOLUTION_EXTERIOR-5.jpg

I want to say it's not really fair to compare the two as the Neel is an actual sailboat but it's actually quite fair as there are quite a few similarities. The Neel is obviously more geared towards charter than to the mega rich but you could tweak the interior layout and finishing a bit and end up with something just as "classy", except it would actually be a functional sailboat! Maybe even build it out of carbon if you need to pack more "stuff" in there without increasing the overall weight!

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
There was a large trimaran across the River for decades. I always made time during sailing program to sail over and admire the behemoth.

It might have been a Norman Cross 37 like this one with yellow topsides and light green decks

7663C7B6-F0DF-4E48-88CC-C3D0BC7C2C5C.jpeg

mad

Super Anarchist
This is, far & away, the most gorgeous yacht I’ve ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes on! Simply incredible! Pictures in this case are worth a thousand words, & I don’t have words elegant enough to express what I feel when I look upon this beauty. Well done to all involved. Definitely the pinnacle of the yachting world as it stands to this point.

I've never been a big fan of sailing yachts, that one is really cool. I like that it can be operated as either a sailing vessel or powered by the engines. The look and style, and creative features like the hidden float in and out tender garage, holy cow, they nailed it.

Incredible Yacht! Fantastic video. The world needs more of this sort of innovation on the water. I want one!!!!Thank you for all you do showing these vessels.

It is so refreshing to witness a part of new beginnings for the yacht industry. I really do hope that this takes off in a very positive way for them. Very nice indeed. Thank you David for all your relentless dedicated work on this project. Cheers!

Wow. This thing is a game changer. It’s going to set new standards others will follow for decades to come.

All lifted from the comments section.   There are plenty more.
Fucking Bots on YouTube now. :lol: