WraceBoats GP26 Miami Boat Show & Special Offer

chsd40

I just brought Brooks Dees GP26 to San Diego from Richmond. She towed great behind my 1/2 ton Expedition, and launched at a yacht club hoist. Couldn't get any simpler.

Arrive in San Diego2.JPG IMG_0876.JPG

Sails easily with 2 to 5. and very quick! A fleet of these would be exciting and competitive racing.

Day 1 in San Diego2.JPG IMG_0879.JPG

Send me a message if you want to see her.

airacer

Checked it out yesterday, it is an awesome boat! Design is a mini Volvo 70 that can be sailed by normal people and build quality is nothing short of impressive. Imagine stepping into a top tier TP52, just scaled down and at a price a normal person can afford. If you are interested in sportboats 20-30 ft, this is one to put high on the list! It's on my list now.

mad

Super Anarchist
Checked it out yesterday, it is an awesome boat! Design is a mini Volvo 70 that can be sailed by normal people and build quality is nothing short of impressive. Imagine stepping into a top tier TP52, just scaled down and at a price a normal person can afford. If you are interested in sportboats 20-30 ft, this is one to put high on the list! It's on my list now.
On list? Or deposit paid ;)

chsd40

What's it rate?
Rating won't matter if we can get our own starts. These boats are a hoot, and very low cost to own operate. Hopefully WRaceboats will get enough orders to build local fleets, and with the trailerability, boats are very mobile to travel to where there are enough boats to have their own fleet.

DJL

What's it rate?
Rating won't matter if we can get our own starts. These boats are a hoot, and very low cost to own operate. Hopefully WRaceboats will get enough orders to build local fleets, and with the trailerability, boats are very mobile to travel to where there are enough boats to have their own fleet.
It's going to have to viable as a local racer if the fleets are going to have the chance to build. I'd be interested to see how it will rate relative to boats like the Antrim 27, M24, etc.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
What's it rate?
It's going to have to viable as a local racer if the fleets are going to have the chance to build. I'd be interested to see how it will rate relative to boats like the Antrim 27, M24, etc.
2605 Rates 75 in Southeast FL, 81 in East CT. Go for the test sail, but be warned, it is like gong to a bar and having only one beer; you will want to enjoy it more than just that once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey
people are on list now. Waiting for end of the show to firm things. Lets see how it will all work out.

mad

Super Anarchist
people are on list now. Waiting for end of the show to firm things. Lets see how it will all work out.
Hope it goes well for you and the new owners/class. Nice looking boat and reviews in the thread so far.

chsd40

What's it rate?
So Cal PHRF was not so kind to the Dees GP26. Rates 69 bouy, 48 rlc, 42 offwind. PHRF Northern California had it at a 78 bouy, 48 offwind, and no rlc #. Rating review is in the future.

Antrim 27=87, 69, 60

Melges24=90, 66, 60

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
Pithy rates 81 in ECSA. They started at 69 too but that was obviously a ridiculous number. I think it'll settle in pretty close to 81 - 84

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
I just brought Brooks Dees GP26 to San Diego from Richmond. She towed great behind my 1/2 ton Expedition, and launched at a yacht club hoist. Couldn't get any simpler.

attachicon.gif
Arrive in San Diego2.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0876.JPG

Sails easily with 2 to 5. and very quick! A fleet of these would be exciting and competitive racing.

attachicon.gif
Day 1 in San Diego2.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0879.JPG

what a great looking boat for such a good price. how much is expected to be spent on sails and electronics for these things ? just ballpark ?

Turkey

attachicon.gif
Arrive in San Diego2.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0876.JPG

attachicon.gif
Day 1 in San Diego2.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0879.JPG

what a great looking boat for such a good price. how much is expected to be spent on sails and electronics for these things ? just ballpark ?
price list with options for wraceboats GP26 @ www.wraceboats.com

Latest posts