WraceBoats GP26 Miami Boat Show & Special Offer

chsd40

I just brought Brooks Dees GP26 to San Diego from Richmond. She towed great behind my 1/2 ton Expedition, and launched at a yacht club hoist. Couldn't get any simpler.

attachicon.gif
Arrive in San Diego2.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0876.JPG

Sails easily with 2 to 5. and very quick! A fleet of these would be exciting and competitive racing.

attachicon.gif
Day 1 in San Diego2.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0879.JPG

Send me a message if you want to see her.
what a great looking boat for such a good price. how much is expected to be spent on sails and electronics for these things ? just ballpark ?
Windseeker price list is very complete, and with the incredible price offered, it is a lot of bang for the buck for a new boat!

Dawg

So Cal PHRF was not so kind to the Dees GP26. Rates 69 bouy, 48 rlc, 42 offwind. PHRF Northern California had it at a 78 bouy, 48 offwind, and no rlc #. Rating review is in the future.

Antrim 27=87, 69, 60

Melges24=90, 66, 60
So Cal PHRF is too political and run by the blue blazer crowd.

Heaven forbid we have a new affordable fun to sail and trailerable boat for the Middle Class to have fun with.

Someone might beat someone with an overpriced Beneteau.

Having said that I am impressed except the cockpit shot. either that guy is big or the photo really compressed things.

From a distance the cockpit looks big but the close up shot it looks much smaller and the finish on that box looks cheesy.

I'd buy one if I had an extra $75K/$80K (the real cost).

chsd40

So Cal PHRF was not so kind to the Dees GP26. Rates 69 bouy, 48 rlc, 42 offwind. PHRF Northern California had it at a 78 bouy, 48 offwind, and no rlc #. Rating review is in the future.

Antrim 27=87, 69, 60

Melges24=90, 66, 60
So Cal PHRF is too political and run by the blue blazer crowd.

Heaven forbid we have a new affordable fun to sail and trailerable boat for the Middle Class to have fun with.

Someone might beat someone with an overpriced Beneteau.

Having said that I am impressed except the cockpit shot. either that guy is big or the photo really compressed things.

From a distance the cockpit looks big but the close up shot it looks much smaller and the finish on that box looks cheesy.

I'd buy one if I had an extra $75K/$80K (the real cost).
She's a one off, launched in 2008, and having sailed her with 5 adults, there's plenty of room. Have you been on one? The box has a couple paint runs, but they don't affect performance! Everybody I've had on the boat is impressed with the ease of handling, performance, and amount of fun it is. Join the GP fleet to have some real fun. I hope you didn't miss your chance to get in on the special order deal that Windseeker offered. That probably won't come around again.

Turkey
We wrapped up the Miami Strictly Sail Show with 6 people on the list. With One paid, we are waiting till end of the month to get 5 more checks.

There will be trail sails in Biscane Bay Yacht Club. Interested parties should contact Jim Donovan for arranging an outing.

Potential Owners: 2 in Great Lakes, 1 in Florida Miami area, 1 Midwest, 1 in MD, and 1 UK Boat to be raced in Florida...

Looks like the fleet in East coast is growing. I am wishing owners take their boats south to Florida during winter... they surely will enjoy the winter racing in Florida. It is nice here windy, sunny and warm here now :) ...

Huge thanks to Cliff, Jim, Ezra, BC Dan, Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey
We wrapped up the Miami Strictly Sail Show with 6 people on the list. With One paid, we are waiting till end of the month to get 5 more checks.

There will be trail sails in Biscane Bay Yacht Club. Interested parties should contact Jim Donovan for arranging an outing.

Potential Owners: 2 in Great Lakes, 1 in Florida Miami area, 1 Midwest, 1 in MD, and 1 UK Boat to be raced in Florida...

Looks like the fleet in East coast is growing. I am wishing owners take their boats south to Florida during winter... they surely will enjoy the winter racing in Florida. It is nice here windy, sunny and warm here now :) ...

Huge thanks to Cliff, Jim, Ezra, BC Dan, Dave.

10911381_10152584493511389_9192587113146831602_o.jpg

Turkey
We have one 10% production slot installment paid, 2 deposit checks on the offer received, and one long time potential client looking at the agreement to send his production slot payment.

Eventhough we fall short of the 6 order target, The Offer still holds for the above so we will go into production in March with 4 orders from Miami Show.

Meanwhile, hull4 in transit is about to arrive in Long Beach.

Gladly the slowdown is over. But because of the backlog it may take a little longer than anticipated to clear the customs.

The Fleet of Donovan GP26s in USA is reaching double digits with Kevin Farrar's one off in 2015.

Good news. A nice boat. With the C&C30, there are some nice boats coming out in the more affordable range of the US market.

Turkey
Here is hull No8 getting patterns done for Raptor Deck. With Jim Donovan in the yard for checking some other details about the furler and the engine installation.

2608 has lifting keel, rudder, inboard diesel engine so not a Class boat.

Expected to be shipped within a month for summer sailing in Detroit and winter sailing in Florida.

2015-06-27 13.45.21.jpg

G

Nice looking boat! 2 quick questions:

1) is it ramp launchable with the lifting keel?

2) once the lifting keel is down and in-place, is there any differences below the waterline/foils? IOW - is there a significant disadvantage to the lifting keel version in terms of being competitive with the fixed keel versions?

Turkey
Ramp launch is not easy as we kept the keel in the cabin when lifted so there is still some keel (about 80cms) below the hull when it is lifted all the way.

The 2 owners whom Jim designed the lifting keel wanted to Dry sail the boat but had limited depth from where they launch the boat.

But there are some advantages...

1- the boat can be locked on trailer with lifted keel

2- boat can be steered with motor with keel lifted.

3- the lifting mechanism can stay in the boat as it is...

No difference in foils with fixed keel. No disadvantage...

Need more info? pls PM.

thx